Chapter Six: The Forest

'If there are any more Anthros I surely hope they're long gone. Who knows what's out here?' The anxious young fox thought as he looked out of his car seeing rain plummet onto his windshield.

He drove to where he and his partner first encountered the tiger and pulled over onto the side. Reluctantly, he stepped out into the rain and reached for his hat which was resting on the car seat beside him. Putting it on, he jumped over the barrier, into the pitch black forest where the tiger emerged from.

"Of course this bloody lamppost isn't working" He mutters to himself, briefly glimpsing at a blacked out street lamp, void of any light. The police officer took out his flashlight and clicked the button, turning it on.
He looked to his left...

No sign of anything.

Then to his right...

Same story.

He then turned his attention to a rather wild looking bush, flashing his light on it. A pair of green eyes greeted him. He jumped and dropped his light source. He then froze and stared at where he found the eyes only to see a figure dart to his left which was then followed by a much smaller one.
"Police!" Thomas shouted picking up his flashlight then ran into the direction he thought they were.

After an intense, thorough search of the nearby flora that inhabited the side of the freeway Thomas went back to his car and hopped inside, turning the heater on full. Soaking wet and worried about the two unknown beings he waited for a gap in the moderately light traffic that was around at this time of night to pull out into.

'Thank god my shift is almost over' He thought as he pulled up to the station parking his traffic car in the designated place. Entering the building he took off his hat and held it at his side. Thomas, trying to find his superior knocked on the CI's office. No answer.
" Sir?" He asked opening the door only to see an empty room. He turned around and scanned the desks for any colleagues that could potentially help.
"Excuse me, Sergeant?" He asked, standing in front of the woman's desk who was sitting at it. She looked up and replied

" Yes Thomas you alright?"

" Yes I was looking for Chief Inspector Beckett, any chance you know where he is?" He asked in hope.

"Yes he went out to get some food, he should be back at any moment"

"Alright thanks Sarge" He said sighing in relief. She just hummed and carried on working.

Glad he didn't have to search for his boss for long, he sat at his desk and awaited the CI's arrival. Minutes later Beckett walked into the room.
" Ahh Bright you're back" He announced, walking to Thomas's desk.

"Sir, I went back to where Ryan and I found Evelyn and I spotted two animals but they got away sir" He said with the last part a bit quieter.

"Why didn't you call for help?" He asked, sitting on the desk.

" It happened very quickly sir and I didn't want to lose them"

"Have you got a description of these animals Constable?"

"Erm no sir it was dark and rainy, sorry sir." He said averting his gaze from the inspector.

His boss hummed." Ok Constable, we'll know their description very soon. No doubt we'll get some calls from confused members of the public over the weekend " He chuckled. " thank you Thomas, enjoy your weekend off, get some rest." He says getting up.

"Thank you sir, goodnight" Thomas said. His superior nodded at him as a response. With that, the young Fox left the station and made his journey to his apartment for his weekend off which he was very much looking forward to.

A/N
Hello all..
Thanks for your patience and understanding. And thanks for the messages some of you are sending. It keeps me going so thank you! This chapter is a slightly short than the usual but I haven't used my brain since April so please forgive me. Stay safe, bye for now.