Matt || Cheers To Us

Worthless. Pathetic. Dumb. Ugly. Stupid.

Those were the words in your head. Words that left emotional and physical scars on you. No matter how many tears you wiped away, new ones would always replace them. You were tired of it. Tired of crying everyday. Tired of trying.

You sat on the roof of your home, staring into the stars. All alone. That was what you always did. It calmed you but sometimes made you buried in your thoughts. Tonight, it was peaceful. Sometimes you were joined by your older brother, Johnny.

You looked at the scars on your wrists and sighed. The cool breeze felt nice against your skin. And it wasn't enough to blow your hair into your face. It was the perfect breeze.

You were so busy staring into the moon, that when Johnny climbed through the window and up to you, he scared you.

"Nice breeze tonight.." Johnny spoke, looking at you and then at the stars.

You nodded and looked down at the ground. Ever since your mother had passed away the year prior, looking at the stars was the only way to remember that she was a peaceful woman. You both loved your mom.

Suddenly, Johnny broke the silence. "I'm meeting up with the guys at the bar if you wanna join. I know you'll probably be excited to see Matt." He playfully punched your shoulder and you both laughed.

You had told Johnny about your huge crush on Matt. Johnny was the only one who really knew about it. He was your closest friend.

You followed Johnny back through the window and let him leave your room before changing into something nice. You had decided that this would be the day, or rather, the night that you told Matthew Sanders that you loved him. You were prepared for either response from him. That he felt the same way or that he didnt like you like that.

You slipped on your shoes, sprayed on some perfume, and ran out to the car. You jumped into the passenger seat next to Johnny, who was already strapped in and ready to go.

The ride to the bar was silent and awkward but when you got to the bar, you jumped out and ran ahead of Johnny, going straight inside.

You stopped and looked at Matt, feeling uneasy. Your stomach began to hurt a little bit so you sat at the bar, ordering yourself a drink.

After a while of drinking and sitting in silence, you saw Matt walking over to you. The guys were watching him.

You straightened yourself and fixed your hair as Matt sat next to you, his face light red. He looked so adorable.

"Uh.. Hey (y/n).." He spoke shyly. He was nervous about something.

"H-hey Matt.." You studdered. You could feel your face heat up. You also began blushing.

"Can we talk?" Matt asked, suddenly more calm.

You nodded and smiled. You had a guess on what this was about. You quickly glanced at the guys, who were wrapped up in a conversation.

"So um.. I know this is a bit.. Cheesy.. But we've been friends for a long time now.. I was wondering if.. You wanted to be my.. Girlfriend.." He said. His voice cracking a small bit. You happened to notice that his voice cracked when something made him upset or nervous.

You hesitated for a moment, wanting to yell out in happiness. But instead, you leaned in and Kissed Matt for a few moments, both of you turning bright red.

You smiled and Matt did the same. You loved his dimples the most. That was one of your favorite things about him.

"I'll take that as a yes.." Matt said.
He ordered you both drinks and you shared a toast. "Cheers to us.." He said, kissing you. This one was longer and more passionate. And that's when you knew, you were gonna spend the rest of your lives together.