Chapter 48

1st Song, Happiness (English Version) By Yazumi Kana, watch?v=o_1V1Xsz2Qk

Italic Is Lucy Singing.

Bold Italic Is Everyone With The Band.

It was past Midnight and none of Natsu's gang made if obvious that there were leaving. Though separated at first, half of the gang had met up and all sat down at a table, enjoying the party.

"Wow, wow, wow, wow" Levy mumbled over and over again.

Gajeel shook his head as he downed his latest drink. Jellal and Erza were in a fierce make out session while Natsu and Lucy were arm wrestling. Natsu gritted his teeth and he gripped the table harder. He started exhaling through his nostrils as he tried to win. Lucy wasn't as stressed as Natsu but was still trying her best. Her face was scrunched up as she focused on pulling down Natsu's hand. Why was this so hard? she thought.

Just then an ingenuous planned came to her mind.

"Natsu, Lucy's right behind you" Lucy said.

"What? Where?" Natsu asked turning around.

That was the distraction Lucy needed to win the match. The table shook as Natsu's hand slammed against it. The drinks that were near Erza and Jellal fell over and spilled on them. This caused Erza to shriek and jump up.

"DAMN IT! YOU WERE RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!" Natsu yelled.

Lucy only laughed.

"ATTENTION! IT'S NOW 1:34 AM AND YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS!" Midori yelled over the microphone.

"DRINKING CONTEST!"

Tables were moved and all lined up side by side. When they ran out of room they placed the tables behind the others and lined them up again, repeating the process several times.

"LET'S GIVE IT UP FOR OUR CURRENT CHAMPION! CANA ALBERONA !" Aoi yelled.

Cana stood up from her seat and walked over, waving her hands in the air.

"Shit, I'm getting in on this" Lucy said standing up.

Natsu grabbed her hand and let Lucy lead him away.

"CONTESTS TO THE SEATING AREA PLEASE!" Midori yelled then dropped her microphone.

She walked off the stage and sat at one of the tables. Lucy sat next to Cana, in the front table, followed by Nastu. Those who weren't participating went up to the second level to get a better few. Everyone else was sitting down at the tables getting ready for the contest, Natsu's gang were all participating.

Akai, Sara, and Ana started passing out the cups and drinks to each table. When everything was all set and done they sat down too.

"IS EVERYONE READY!" Aoi yelled.

"HELL YEAH" most people replied.

"LET'S START THIS SHIT THEN!"

And then there was 3.

Cana, the Champion.

Lucy, the runner-up.

and

Lisanna, the new comer.

It was currently 2:23 am. This contest has been going on for more than half of hour. Lucy and Lisanna were starting to slow down but Cana kept coming. Natsu gang's started in amazement at their friends.

"Who knew Lisanna had it in her?" Natsu asked.

"How aren't they running out of booze yet?" Gajeel mumbled.