Chapter 5: A Chat on History

"The Dortis Nouvem?"

The room when into a complete silence. I picked up the book, it was in a terrible condition.

The book's cover was probably a crimson color before, but it now faded to an ugly brown. The cover was torn up, you could barely read the title.

The book had scorch marks on it, the type when you try to burn something.

"The Dortis Nouvem, what's that?" Asks Karlos.

"Long ago like really long ago, Krestia was in disarray, after the coup de etat of the monarchial family by the military. Because of the chaos and disorder other kingdoms wanted to conquer it." November replys.

We look at her in awe. "I told you, I won alot of competitions."

We still looked at her. "And they require extensive reading to win."

Our faces went from awe to 'Oh that makes sense.'

She continues. "There was fighting amongst military, they didn't plan smack on what would happen after they took over."

"And there was bloodshed everywhere, there was no unity and people fought and killed amongst themselv--."

"And then a group of individuals rose from the 'shadows' and fought to set order to the kingdom. They were given the name, the Dortis Nouvem." I interrupt.

Everyone looks at me. "How did you know that?" Cameron burts, obviously annoyed that we know this and he doesn't.

"I don't know it just came to me." I say back.

"Dortis Nouvem... hmmm... Nouvem is Latin for the number nine." Nova points out. "But Dortis isn't a word in Latin."

"They put together the words smart and brave." November says feeling pride in her knowledge.

"Okay that information is nice and all," Kai cuts in. "But why did Iris pick up that specific book?"

They all look at me again. "Well I was called here by a voi--"

"Hey, so were we." Cameron says in shock.

"Yea me too." Vivan adds.

"And the voice sounded like it was coming from this book." I finish.

"But what would the book want to tell us?" Max wonders.

We all stand there in silence. "Think about it," Paisley says holding the book. "The Dortis Nouvem showed up whenever there were chaotic problems in Krestia." She points to a paragraph in the book.

"Our current political standing is in shambles." Kai points out.

"The political leaders are greedy pigs, and most of the royal families do nothing." Karlos folds his arms.

I flinch. My brother doesn't do nothing. Everett isn't a dirty pig.

I tighten my fist. The Council are.

"Um, I take offense to this." Cameron sighs. "Yea so do we." Nova, Max, Riley and Paisley grumble.

"Wait Paisley and Riley are royalty?" Kai says in shock. "They certainly don't act that way."

"We are, infact, the late Queen adopted our father." Riley explains.

Kai, November and Cameron's mouths drop wide open.

Paisley walks over to Cameron and Kai. "Keep your mouths closed dears. Wouldn't want and flies to make their way in would we?" She pushes their jaws up.

"Paisley has 'her way' with people which makes her a great," Riley pauses with disgust. "Weapon for my father."

Paisley's smirk turns into a cold-hearted expression. She walks over to me.

"Soo, back to the topic on hand." Vivan cuts in.

"Wait wait wait, before that," November interrupts. "Isn't Prince Everett on the throne after the Queen passed, why didn't it go to your father instead?"

Paisley, Riley and I look at eachother.

"That's uh because of the Fertiez's legacy, they upheld the word of the Queen better than our father did." Riley added.

"Our father was to say the least pissed he wasn't next in line.

"I see." November fiddles with her braid.

Vivan clears his throat.
"So what Kai and Paisley said is that the Dortis Nouvem comes around whenever there's disarray. And there's disarray now."

"So where are they now?" Karlos says.

Max takes the book from Paisley. "It says here that the Dortis Nouvem mysteriously went missing a century ago."

"That still doesn't answer why the book called us here." Sleep deprived Nova grumbles.

"Maybe the book wanted us to find the Dortis Nouvem!" Kai exclaims.

"Woah that's amazing!" Karlos barks.

Everybody starts cheering and shouting.

But.. "Guys I don't thinks that's why the book called us here." I spurt out.

"What are you talking about?" Vivan asks.

"Just think about it for a second. If they wanted someone to search for them, they would call on people with a searching type soisi." I explain.

"Majority of us don't have that." I continue.

"She's right." November adds. "I can't search for people with Memory Card,and neither can Kai.

"So then why did the book call us here?" Nova asks clearly annoyed.

"It called us here to take the Dortis Nouvem's place."

"It called us to be the Dortis Nouvem."