Chapter 13: What She Inquires

What's happening?

Maxillia's Point Of View

[Ten minutes before]

"So, the main campus really is empty. How come?' I ask Cameron.

"Probably because every Friday after class ends, club activites go on longer and students can leave campus grounds."

"Ohhh." I look at Cameron. His hair is dirty blonde, but not the bad type. His eyes are a deep brown. Cameron notices me staring at him.

"I-is there something on my face?" He blurts out.

"No never, I just noticed how ho- I mEaN brown your eyes are."

"O-oh thanks." He looks down. I do too.

"HEy, why don't we go to the cafeteria? Iris says the chocolate buns are better today and no staff is ever there." I point over to the cafeteria

"She steals them?' He says judgingly.

"No, she leaves the money."

"Then sure." We walk to the cafeteria.

After awhile we reach the cafeteria doors. Cameron puts his hand the handle. He pushes the door open.

We walk inside the cafeteria. It's pretty royal looking, we have school gala's in here. The stage is at the end of the hall, the drapes are a dark royal red and the windows are pretty dark too. A couple of chandeliers hang over the room. A couple of students sit at the lunch tables, but like Iris said, there's no staff.

I don't even know why those windows are there. Wait one of them's open..

"Hey Ca-" I feel a hand go at my throat. I see a figure wrapped in a black cloak. It's grip is strong..

I try to use my soisi, I move my hand to the side. The figure's hand around my throat grippens.

Cameron walks out of the kitchen holding a bun. "Hey, I found them, they're prett- Maxillia!"

With Cameron's shout they whole cafeteria is startled, realizing the intruder's presence.

"Took you all long enough sweeties." The figure smirks. It's a woman. I continue to fight at her. "Quit it shrimp."

"Don't touch her! Barie generate!" He comes charging with his hand glowing.

"He said Maxillia, didn't he? So, you must be THE Maxillia. Any idea where the book is enchantress?"

Enchantress? So she came prepared. And book, is she talking about the Dortis Nouvem?

Cameron flings his arm at us. The figure reaches out her arm. "Urus." As the beam reaches us, she swipes her arm against the beam at it deflects. It goes straight for Cameron and knocks him down.

"Ca-cameron" I croak.

"You should worry about yourself sweetie, now tell me where the book is." Her grip tightens.

"Sound barie generate, knock out barie." She flings her hand. The sound barrier spreads across center of the room. The students and Cameron slowly fall asleep, I start to feel a little hazy.

The door suddenly opens. I strain my eyes to see who it is. Iris?

She walks around presumably to take a choclate bun. Why isn't she doing anything?

"Don't get frustrated, poor girl can't hear or see us." She casted a sound and sight barrier? Just how strong is she?

Iris makes her way to the kitchen. She notices the open window. Iris come on we're here!

She walks towards the center. Her hand glows.

"Oh seems to be smart. She must have Barrier Soisi too. Either way, more kills for me." The figure grins. I shudder. She doesn't though, how is she gonna break the barrier?

Iris walks away. No Iris! Come back please! "HAH, guess she isn't that smart afterall." She loosens her grip.

Now! "IRIS" I scream proably louder than I ever have before. "You brat, She can't hear you an-"

Iris shouts and flings her hand breaking the barrier. YES! "She broke it how!

Iris' Point of View

[Now]

What's happening?

I look around at the students, there's a slightly visible fog. She must have used Knock Out.

I loosen my fists. "Put her down."

"If you say so." The figure drops Max from about 20 feet in the air. "MAX!" I shout. But I'm too far away. Cameron runs over and catches her. "I got her, do what you can." He says faintly. His shoulder has a stab wound. Did he stab himself to stay awake?

He collaspes along with Max.

Ah, he couldn't hold out for long. I could use the help.. Oh well, I have to fight my way out and find out who she is.

"I know these two are part of the Nouvem, but are you?"

"You're about to find out." I can feel her growing more annoyed.

She says something under her breath and launches beams at me. I dodge a few but get hit by two.

I scream out.

"Heh." She smirks. Sadist. The worst type.

She launches more and lowers herself. I run behind tables for cover.

I can't use my enchantments, she launches her beams way too fast.

I stand up from behind the table. "Well, shoot another one then!" I shout at her. Hope this works.

"Here you go sweetie." She spits out sweetie and launches another. It hits the table and I fall. An arm from table scraps me. Huh it worked.

"Oh boohoo, you're bleeding."

"Boohoo for you. Blood forme!" The blood oozing out turns a dark crimson red and takes the form of a sword. The tip is a dark purple.

"Is that?"

"Yeah, Poison Blood Art. Careful, don't want it to scratch you." I smirk.

She growls and lauches more beams. I dodge them and jump up close to where she now is. I swing the scythe. She dodges it but her hood comes off. I fall the to ground and quickly get up in pain.

I get a good look at her face. She has dark crimson hair, the kind similar to the color of dried blood. Her eyes are green, just like-

"Fern?"

"Sweetie did you hurt your head? These are beams not ferns."

She definitely has eyes similar to Fern's but this person doesn't recognize me. Now that I take a good look at her apart from her eyes nothing else is similar.

Another beam is launched at me, scratching my cheek. Blood trickles down from the cut.

"I often see people

The barrier gets disassimilates and the window closes.

"Reste et returne." The blood turns back to its normal red and falls out of the sword form. I fall to the ground. I hear the door open.

I see Cain come in.

"Wow, looks like a me- Iris!" He comes over to my side. "What happened here?"

"Tend to Max and Cameron first." I say barely able to move.

"Fine, Riley is coming here too anyways." He goes over to Max and CAmeron. The door bursts open. Its Riley.

"R-Riley." He rushes over to me.

"It's fine. Come lets take you to the infirmary." He lifts me up.

"It's just like in XX49 huh." I say faintly.

He looks at me and his eyes give me a look of, pity?

I black out.