1. The trip

It was pitch black , Leif and his father Micheal were out for an adventure. Micheal promised his son that they were going to go on a thrilling adventure when he turns 16 , and now the time has come and as Leif was packing his accessories he realized something was missing. He glanced here and there but nothing caught his eye , he questioned himself what he was missing , he even tried to sit down for a few minutes and think about it, but soon gave up . He did the most reasonable thing which was asking his father,
"What am I missing?"
" son, you will soon find out throughout the journey"

A few moments later, they walked out of their little shed and started to escort themselves into a kayak , all they could hear was the deafening sound of seagulls . Micheal began to start rowing as Leif was getting a little too excited , he didn't know what was coming ....
All of a sudden there was a faint little knock on the bottom of the boat , shivers ran down their spines, Leif's palms were sweaty ,they tried to think it was fish and tried to forget about it .

10 minutes later ..... 'Knock' ' Knock' This time it was more fierce than the last one , Micheal's hands gripped the paddles as hard as they could , trying not to repeat the sound in his mind. Leif knocked 3 times to see if whatever was knocking to respond , Micheal couldn't believe this was happening he lost complete balance and control over his hands , he dropped the paddles and fell straight back
"DAD!," yelled Leif.

Unexpectedly , the boat flipped over and Leif landed stomach first , it gave him a tummy ache ,
"AHHHHH!" Leif screamed , he got the slightest image of what creature did it before his head got tucked in the freezing cold water , luckily they were near land and managed to swim to safety . At this point as they were shivering and breathing heavily as they crawled onto land , Leif swayed left to right then fell back and fainted . This was not what they expected on their journey to the mountains.

Micheal searched the ocean with a little boat that was soaked, he gathered everything that was on the boat, everything was soaking wet , Leif finally realized what he was missing , it was his torch! and his was especially water proof , so now they are stuck !
"Dad, it was my torch I forgot , I forgot my waterproof torch !" exclaimed Leif
"Now what are we gonna do son ?"
" we have no torch and all our food is soaked!" squealed Micheal
Leif tried to stay calm with his father complaining about their incident in the back . , Leif found a small dark cave , him and his father Micheal gathered up their things and set camp .
"Dad how are we going to find food ?," Leif asked Micheal , he wasn't the type of person that eats fish , he hated how sloppy and slimy they were so he was going to have a tough time .
" Well Leif I may be able to catch some fish." Micheal decided . Leif looked at Micheal with a frown look on his face , he knew he was going to vomit. Micheal went out to sea and brought a slimy , fat and stuffed fish , which was alive . As Micheal came in with the fish in his hand Leif sprinted out of the cave, he didn't want to be anywhere near a sloppy fish .
Micheal rubbed 2 sticks together until his hand sweltered , but the fire wouldn't light up , they were going to have to eat it raw , Leif couldn't believe this was happening he was going to eat a fish ! Especially a raw one .

Leif watched Micheal cut up the slimy disgusting fish , it kept on wriggling because it was alive , there was some clear liquid going all over the place , even Micheal was gagging but they would rather eat a raw fish than die from starvation . Micheal handed him a piece . He didn't want that fish anywhere near his mouth , it was dripping with liquid all over Leif's shoes , he almost vomited . . . .