s e v e n

out of line
~

It's been four months.

Already four months of knowing Chaeyoung.

And Mina felt as if her whole life had changed. As if the grey in her life had suddenly been filled with colour. As if bright and new colours had spilled over one's project, adding a variety of tints to each corner.

But that thought, terrifies Mina.

This was dangerous. She's falling into this void where she feels her heart jump to a thousand stars when Chaeyoung would smile at her. Mina would feel her cheeks flush with bright pink when Chaeyoung would laugh at her jokes, or even compliment her.

Mina thought it was just because she isn't used to the sudden shower of affection. But then it was narrowed down to the smaller actions. Actions that meant nothing to others, to strangers, but meant the world to Mina.

The way Chaeyoung held her hand for a quick moment, made her head dizzy. The way Chaeyoung would give her a quick hug knocked the air out of her lungs. Mina loved the thrill. She loved how Chaeyoung made her feel things that she thought wouldn't happen until she's old.

But this-this isn't good. Mina wanted to push herself away from the consequences that she'll have to face. She wanted to shy away from the risks that will heavily impact her life and possibly, her soulmate.

Ah, her soulmate.

She was so focused on work, her two best friends, and Chaeyoung, that she no longer paid attention to her favourite 3:00 pm mark. Mina would only glance at the marks drawn on her skin, but quickly looked away. She was guilty.

I'm falling in love with someone that isn't you.

In love? No.

I can't be in love.

I won't be.

I can't-

"MINA!"

Mina jumped, her pen thrown in the air and coming back down onto the top of her head. She sighed, pushing her bangs to the side. Nayeon was standing in front of her, eyebrows arched and head tilted. "Unnie, what is it." She yawned, looking up from her bright laptop.

"Mina, I've been calling you for the past five minutes and you haven't been responding." Nayeon huffed, "I thought you were dead or something!" She joked, but it hit Mina harder than it should have. And she knew exactly why.

"That isn't funny." Mina grumbled, standing up from her seat and walking off. Nayeon's eyes widened, glancing at Sana who in return gave her a look of - She's right.

Sana and Mina had already reconciled through a plate of food. Special thanks to Chaeyoung who forced them to talk and threatened that if they didn't, she won't let the two walk into her hospital bedroom. The two obeyed and talked it out over lunch, ending the argument they had with a hug and a laugh.

However, Sana stayed with her doubts. No one else may see it, but she can see it. She noticed how Mina's personality changed ever since meeting Chaeyoung. Sana was happy that Mina's gummy smile reached her eyes, but she was afraid. This will hurt, a lot. Sana thought.