n i n e

is this what it feels to be happy?
~

For a second, Chaeyoung thought this was all a dream. But when she felt Tzuyu's hand squeeze her forearm, tears threatening to fall, Chaeyoung knew this was real. Chaeyoung knew that this wasn't some virtual creation; this was real.

Chaeyoung smiled, her dimples shown -though tears didn't come- her joy was expressed through the wide grin that reached her ears. "We'll run a few more tests and then we can do the surgery next friday or next monday, whatever suits you." The woman smiled.

Tzuyu glances at Chaeyoung, the younger girl's grin widening as the scene continued. Chaeyoung chuckled, looking at the woman, "Maybe Monday would be nice? The faster the better." Chaeyoung answered.

The doctor nodded at the reply, quickly discussing over a few things before leaving Chaeyoung's hospital room. As soon as she left, Tzuyu sighed in content, "Finally?" She looked at the shorter girl.

Chaeyoung nodded slightly, "Finally."

~

"My goodness Mina, it's like you haven't eaten in days." Sana chuckled, although she was slightly worried about the fast pace that her friend was eating at.

"It has ketchup." Mina grumbled, taking one last bite out the hot dog that Sana had bought for her. "You know how I feel about ketchup." She answered, leaning back on the hospital bed.

Mina was a little unsure as to why they had to give her a full on hospital bed when she didn't really need it. I mean, obviously she'll only use it for one day but it's such a waste of room; is what she thought. Mina would be fine sleeping and waking up on a couch. She appreciated the care however she knew that other people needed a comfortable bed like this more than she did.

People like Chaeyoung.

Sana yawned, stretching out her arms. "Do you still want to visit Chaeyoung? Tzuyu texted me and she told me that she's awake." Her arms lazily fell on her sides and instantly she saw how Mina's face fell at the name.

Mina sat up straight, "Should I?"

Sana sighed, her hand took a hold of Mina's, hoping her presence would calm the storm from within Mina's heart. "I know you feel scared because of what you feel. But I think you should, Chaeyoung has some good news and you need to hear it."

Mina's ears perked, her eyebrow raising slightly, "Good news? What good news?"

Sana smiled cheekily, "I think you should hear it for yourself."

"Oh c'mon, you know I don't like surprises." Mina whined, lazily poking at her food. To others this would be a little shocking considering Mina usually gave off this unbothered vibe, however, to Sana? This was quite normal. Unlike others who barely know Mina, Sana knew how much of a child Mina could be. Just because the younger japanese girl acted mature and such, doesn't mean she doesn't like getting pampered.

Sana ruffled Mina's hair affectionately, "I'm sure you'll like this one. Now get off your butt and follow me to Chaeyoung's room." She demanded. Soon enough, it got Mina dragging herself out of the white sheeted bed.

As soon as the two arrived in front of the wooden like door - the only barrier between Mina and Chaeyoung - Mina's feet buckled. Sana was about to grab the small golden door knob until she saw Mina practically having an internal crisis.