38 ~ Run Away With Me

@Nyasialit thanks for commenting!

This song is one of my favourites. Makes me emotional af. 🔊🎵

FYI: Doe = a female deer

Rated R

" Y o u   really want to go to the diner?" Elijah asked

" Y o u   really want to go to the diner?" Elijah asked. Hoping, to leave as quickly as possible.

"We could just grab some bagels and get going"

"I really do wanna go." Lana insisted, practically dragging him to the empty, festive diner in front of the motel "it won't be too long, don't worry"

Elijah fixed his glasses and took a look at his watch impatiently before reluctantly following her in. He didn't have a choice anyway. 

"Hi, table for two?" The server at the front asked

"Um... For four please" Lana said, trying not to give too much more information away even when Elijah looked at her with a very confused scowl.

"Elijah"

He turned to face the two women behind him and was even more confused than before "Evelyn? Mom, what--"

"You know for someone who's supposed to be running away, you really didn't go that far did you" Evelyn laughed

"Like that one time you ran away, we looked all over for you, almost called the police. Turns out he was at Cindy's house. Our neighbour. You've never been very good at escaping have you?"

He shook his head and gave her a small brief smile "How did you know?"

"Lana told us."

"I just thought, you'd want to spend Christmas with your family" or at least most of your family she explained.

"Merry Christmas" Aline smiled, pulling her son then Lana into her hug

"Merry Christmas"

"Lana this is for you," Aline said handing her a gift-wrapped parcel.

"Thank you. You didn't have to--"

"Of course I did. I saw the gifts you left under the tree for us. And bringing us together today. Thank you"

They took their seat at the table and Evelyn asked the question Lana had been desperate to know "So where are you guys heading?"

Lana looked to Elijah who hadn't given her a single clue besides "North" but the entire country of Canada was North since they were at the Southernmost point. They could be going anywhere

Lana looked at quiet Elijah who was still not giving any sliver of a clue "Good question"