chapter 3: plans

A few days had passed and I have keeped Kiva’s secret. It’s been nice having her around but i’m still trying to get used to it. I've been good at using female pronouns with her but i have slipped up a few time, causing some weird looks at me but I just put it off as I was tired.

    It was now friday and we were at lunch, and Kiva and I had gotten to catch up a lot the past few days and it's been really nice. Right now we were talking about my family and how open they have become about me being Pan. “so yea now there all cupcakes and rainbows about it. Literally they have made me rainbow cupcakes like five times no for no reason. It can be a tad frustrating sometimes because they're trying too hard to show their support. Of course i shouldn't  complain to much, I know not everyone gets support from there family.”

    “Thats ok Brandon, but yea,it sounds like how my dad was at first, he bought so many supportive shirts and only were them for a soled 5 months, it was nice at first but then it just got a bit annoying,” Kiva giggled witch made me feel a bit weird inside and I blushed looking down at my food to try and brush the feeling away. “You ok brandon? Your getting a little red.” kiva asked in a concerned tone.

“Wha- oh yea im ok, I think it's just a bit hot in here right now” I smiled lying out of my teeth. ‘I mean how could I tell her every time i see her smile and every time she giggles and laughs i get butterflies in my stomach….that’s right, I CANT’ I yell at myself in my head’

“Ok, but if your feeling sick I can help you to the nurse” She looked at me worried

“Im ok kiva, promise. Just deep in thought is all” I give her a small smile

“Oh? About what? Maybe I can help with your problem?” kiva put her hand on mine and i jumped slightly

“O-oh it’s just, well i’ve been thinking about this person I like, that’s all” I sigh a bit ‘i couldn't tell her it was her, that would ruin everything..’ I thought to myself

“Ohhhh~? Is it now?” kiva raised her eyebrows jokingly “whos the lucky duck?”

“I can’t tell you, because you can’t keep a secret. You always told my crushes that I liked them before I could, so no” I smiled “besides I know they dont like me that way anyways so it wouldn't really matter. I just need to forget about it” I sigh

“Aww come oooon” kiva begged “I promise I won’t tell this time, I don't know anyone else here but a few people in our home room and first block.”

“Well there in our class and I know you know them so no. now drop it” I snap and I then sigh “sorry i didn't me to snap, I just don’t want to talk about it is all” I realised she still had her hand on mine and i took it way and put in in my lap

“No its ok brandon, I didn't mean to upset you, you know I was just teasing” kiva sighs and started to poke at her food

I wanted to change the subject but kiva beat me to it “oh hey! I asked my dad and grandma about having a sleepover this weeked and they said yes! Since we haven't gotten to see each other in three years, they thought it might be a good idea to spend the weekend together. So he called your parents and they said you can come over. As long as you wanted to I mean.” she said fast but faded out into a small whisper.

“Are you kidding! I'd love to!” I say without a second thought not thinking about sharing a room or even being that close to her

“Awesome! Your mom said she would drop you off at my place after school!”  As she said that the bell rang and we were off to gym together

*kiva’s POV*

    I was so excited for this weekend with brandon, we haven't hung out in 3 years and I was really looking forward to it, unlike gym class. Gym class for me has always been something i’ve hated, especially the locker rooms. To me it was always a war zone of bad names and hurtful comments. I mean no one here new but I was always scared someone would find out so I would just change in the stalls. And i would slip on some basketball shorts and a sports bra with a t-shirt. Why all the other girls had on booty shorts and tank tops, I just wanted that confident with my body, after all i may have boobs and look and sound like a girl, but I still had male parts in my pants, and I was so scared that it would be a repeat of the last two years.