Chapter Twenty Three

Maddie and Ponggay misses each other already, it has only been three days since they departed because Maddie decided to visit her family in Davao before her hectic schedule. This is a new set up for the couple for they are used to being with each other 24/7, both of them are aware that it'll take time before they will adjust to the changes that are happening. Especially after summer where Ponggay will continue her studies and volleyball career in Ateneo while Maddie will start working in the corporate world and start playing for the pro-league.

They just finished talking to each other, Maddie filled her girlfriend about the previous events while they are apart and informed her about her plans for today. Ponggay did the same way, she just got back from a vacation with her ate Therese.

Maddie hid her phone inside her pocket after sending her best friends in Davao a text to let them know that she already arrived in the restaurant where they would all meet up.

The porcelain skinned girl was deep in her thought, she really couldn't ask for more. She ended her UAAP career with a championship and she was named as the Best Middle Blocker and Finals MVP for the season. She's surrounded with amazing people that really inspires her to be better than her best.

It wasn't long until she spotted her best friends, who are now approaching her. It was the perfect time for them catch up and pick up where they left off, Maddie's grateful that despite their busy schedule their friendship remained the same.

Her best friend is telling them a story about her new work but Maddie's attention isn't on her friends nor the story she's telling, what caught her attention was a middle aged woman with a very important man in her life, the man she looks up to, a part of the reason why she is the person that she is right now; her dad.

Her dad is holding the stranger by her waist, what bothered her is the fact that her dad told them he would be in Manila today for a business meeting. But here he is now, in a restaurant in Davao a place too far to be called Manila with a woman who seems too close to him to be just a business partner.

Suddenly Maddie is having an internal battle with herself for she does not know what to do or act. She wants to give her dad the benefit of the doubt but she is too smart to not catch up with the current situation.

Maddie's world, crumbled into pieces when she saw the man who she has utter respect kissed the woman the way she should be kissing her mom and her mom only.

Before her best friends would see anything she dragged them out of the restaurant and made an excuse to cut their date short. She hastily said good bye and went to her car.

Heavy breaths could be heard inside Maddie's car as she tries her best to compose herself, her head spinning as she tries to wrap her mind around the idea of her dad having an affair.

It's as if all that Maddie knew her entire life became a lie. How could be that man inside the restaurant be the same dad she grew up with, her dad who loves and respects her mom dearly. Their love story is part of the reason why her own relationship is the way it is right now. She admired her parents so much, sure their relationship isn't perfect but never in her right mind would Maddie think that something like that could happen, or is already happening.

Does her mom already knows, but no, she was just with them this morning there's no way they could fake something like that; a love so genuine and pure.

How will she face her mom? She is sure she can never face her mom without going completely losing her mind. And for the first time in Maddie's life, she doesn't want to be in the same vicinity as her dad.

Maddie's world of rainbows and butterflies is now enveloped in darkness. What seemed to be a perfect world is now filled with pain, grief and betrayal.

Maddie turned on her engine with a blurry mind, the next thing she knew she boarded a plane to somewhere far from everyone, even from Ponggay.

She doesn't want to be near anybody else for now, she just wants to be alone and have time to think about everything.

She sent her mom a quick text telling her she shouldn't worry and that she's fine. Maddie also asked her mom to tell Ponggay she loves her, that she will be back soon.

Maddie can't face anyone now, she has to be alone or else she'd be crazy.

All the amazing events vanished into thin air, her world isn't perfect afterall all as she knows it.

No matter how much she wants to tell this to someone, she can't, for it'll feel more real and she knows she can't take that.

In the following days Maddie found herself in a small island in Palawan, she's staying in a hotel room far from the city, a place where no one knows her. Mingling with the locals somehow takes her mind off of the problems she left in Davao. But at night, she is being consumed by her dark thoughts.

People said there are monsters under the bed but they never mentioned the ones inside our heads. Maddie is inside a labyrinth of suffering and she can't find her way out.

A/N: The ladies need our support now more than ever. The updates will be short from now on for I will only include important parts. 3 or more chapters then we're done. Thank you so much!