vi.SCHRÖDINGER'S CAT

ANNABELLE LEE and Schrödinger's cat both exist in a time where they're both dead and alive

ANNABELLE LEE and Schrödinger's cat both exist in a time where they're both dead and alive .

Schrödinger's cat is a thought experiment, sometimes described as a paradox, devised by Austrian physicist Erwin Schrödinger back in 1935.

In Schrodinger's imaginary experiment, he placed a cat in a box with a tiny bit of radioactive substance. When the radioactive substance decays, it will trigger a Geiger counter which will cause a poison to be released to kill the cat.

In this way, until someone opens the box, it was impossible to predict whether the cat was dead or alive.

In this way, the cat is both alive and dead, and so is Annabel Lee.

" Sherlock," She whispered, standing at the foot of his couch.

She finds it, if not unsettling, humorous at how much of a deep sleeper the younger Holmes was. This wasn't always the case, sometimes he would jolt awake whenever she trudged too loudly in the kitchen. However, sometimes after a huge case, his body decides to shut down under the consequence of him postponing his fatigue.

Running around London with Lestrade and a killer on the loose can be quite stressful.

She hovered over him, watching the way his lashes kissed his cheeks, his chest slowly rising and falling to mimic his pulse. Annabel dragged her fingers over her own wrist, breathing in relief once she found the light thrumming of her heart.

" Sherlock," She hummed, trailing a finger over his black curls.

She didn't expect him to suddenly jump forward, eyes wide to blink away the sleep that lulls his eyelids. He grabbed both of her shoulders, the two screaming against the rain as it attacked the windows. She was sure Mrs.Hudson would appear by the front door any minute to investigate their screeching.

" Why'd you do that?" Sherlock huffed in annoyance,"How'd you get in my flat?"

" How do you fall asleep everyday without ever locking the door to your flat?" She replied," You could get robbed."

" Yes well, the last time that happened Mycroft had them return my things."

She closed her eyes briefly, resisting the urge to slap some sense into him. Even without looking, she could feel his smirk, the same one he'd always give her when she can't understand his arguments.

" Why are you here Annabel?"

Her name on his lips made her flutter her eyes open, and his eyes seemed to turn into crystals under the dimly lit living room. The grey lights ebbing from the heavy downpour casting a silver glint across his irises, and for a moment she forgot the reason why she came to see him in the first place.