Chapter 3: Park Jimin

A cry sounded throughout the apartment. Jimin sat up and rubbed his eyes. Casting a glance and the clock on his bedside table, Jimin stood and shuffled to the nursery of his newborn baby girl. Upon opening the door, he found Luna sitting in the rocking chair, the lamp on, soothing the angel while preparing to feed her.

Jimin leaned against the doorway, having not been noticed by his wife. Luna gazed down at their daughter like she was the only good in the world. Her eyes were soft and a light smile played at her lips as Haneul attached herself and began feeding.

"She's so precious," Jimin mumbled to his wife. She looked up a bit startled.

"I didn't know you were awake."

Jimin moved to sit on the arm of the chair. "I heard her crying, so I came to check." He placed a kiss to his wife's forehead.

The couple sat in silence for a long time. Luna burped the baby after she had finished eating and slowly laid her back in her crib. Jimin leaned over placing a kiss to her head lightly before wrapping his arms around Luna and leading her back to the bedroom.

Jin and Namjoon's home was alive with movement. Taehyung and Jungkook were helping Jimin in the kitchen. Jin and Namjoon were setting the table. Hoseok and Yoongi chased Haeun, who was shirtless, around the house trying to put her shirt on. Luna sat on the couch, Haneul on her back on the coffee table in front of her, attempting to change her diaper. It was chaos, but that's just the way Jimin liked it.

Elbows off the table. Sit up straight. Don't speak unless spoken to. All dishes containing soup or rice must remain on the table. Don't touch your  utensils until the oldest at the table has taken their first bite. Eat everything on your personal dish, even if you don't like it- you don't have to get more. Always be sure to thank the host and the chef.

These rules were drilled into all the young boys sitting around the table. Park Jimin rolled his eyes. As if his parents didn't teach him this enough. His home life was structured to the point where he almost had to schedule when to sleep. His home life was quiet and normal. Or at least what his parents called normal.

Later that night, Jimin sat straight at the dinner table with his mother and father. His elbows were off the table. He was silent as no one addressed him. His rice bowl sat to his right, just close enough that he wouldn't have to pick it up and bring it closer. His mom had made spinach. Jimin didn't particularly like spinach, but he would eat what was on his dish. His father reached out, grabbing his own chopsticks, raising a bite to his mouth and placing it on his tongue. Jimin's mother followed suit. Jimin, however; waited until he could see his mother swallow her first bite before picking up his chopsticks.

"How was your dance lesson, Jimin?" His father's booming voice seemed to echo in the quiet of the room.

"It went well," Jimin's voice seemed weak to his own ears. He wasn't expecting to be spoken to, "Mr. Kang says that I could even become an idol." The pitch in his voice heightened. Jimin thought that being a dancer and even a singer would be amazing.

Jimin's elbows were perched on the table as he spoke freely with his friends. His shoulders were slightly hunched. There was no rice or soup bowl to keep on the table, but the plates that were there were being passed back and forth.

"Appa," Jimin looked over at his friend Haeun, who was in her little space. The girl pushed her plate away, "I don like it."

Jimin watched as Yoongi- Appa to little Haeun- took a bite of her pasta and scrunched his nose.

"It's because you put too much salt on it, baby,"   He kissed her head lightly, "It's okay, you can have some of mine."

Yoongi twirled the pasta around his fork and made a motion for the little to open her mouth. She did so and smiled a cute eye smile as she chewed the pasta, leaning against her caregiver as she did so.

Jungkook sat rubbing his temples as his husband Taehyung, who was also in his little space, made a mess of the pasta on his plate.

"Taehyung! Use your fork, please. I don't have extra clothes for you." Jungkook's voice was on the edge of boiling anger. Jimin had only ever heard that tone with his new family. His biological family never spoke to each other with a harsh/questionable tone. They simply ignored one another.

"Okay, Daddy. I'm sorry." Taehyung's voice was a bit sad as he was now forced to stop playing with the pasta.

And all of this had happened before Jin had even picked his fork up off the table. The oldest simply watched the scenes unfold before him. He smiled delightfully before turning to his husband and placing a kiss to his lips. The couple at the head of the table ate silently, much like Jimin, just watching the group sitting at the table.

So many etiquette rules that Jimin had grown up with were being broken right before his eyes. It was loud and hectic. A million things were happening at once. He smiled lovingly at his chosen family.

He turned to look at his wife, who had removed part of her shirt in order to feed the baby. He placed a kiss to her head and wrapped an arm around her. He held her against him and watched his beautiful daughter as she ate until she was satiated.

"I love this family so much." Jimin mumbled with a very light chuckle into his wife's hair. Luna smiled and nodded softly.

"Me too." She responded looking up and down the table at the mess that was NamJin Entertainment.