21 - good girl

Luke was eager to get her alone and Elise had no complaints.

He hadn't wasted a second before he was guiding her out to his car, a firm hand pressed to the small of her back in an unconsciously protective manner he couldn't explain, nor was he willing to question.

Something had changed drastically between them, and he was more than aware of it. It was unspoken; a certain tension lingering in the air that begged to be acknowledged, but for the first time in his life, Luke wasn't sure how to go about it.

Usually it wasn't this hard. The boy thrived off tension, but only because he'd become rather accustomed to solving it in the most primal way possible—one that involved a lot less clothing and a lot more moaning. It certainly did the trick.

But this, the thickness in the air that surrounded the two, wasn't just sexual tension and he knew it. It was there, of course, at least on Luke's part, accompanied by a devastating amount of frustration, but there was so much more he wasn't familiar with. And, specifically, more he couldn't quite fix by fucking.

Luke nearly shuddered. That didn't meant he didn't want to—for the thought of slipping himself between her legs, of driving her over the edge again and again while she remained a pleading, whimpering mess underneath him had crossed his mind too many times to count. Luke's imagination was a filthy place, one he didn't think Elise belonged in but one he was helpless in picturing with her all the same.

He hated himself for going there. He'd taken just one kiss from her and the darkest part of Luke's brain was already running wild, sick with fantasies about a girl he was absolutely certain didn't deserve to fuel such thoughts. Based on her simple innocence alone, Luke was willing to bet she'd never come close to anything of the sort. He wasn't sure, but he wasn't ready to ask either.

But beyond that, Luke didn't want to taint her any more than he thought he already had. Besides whatever had changed between them, something else had changed inside Luke, and he was powerless against it.

He wanted to protect her above anything else. It wasn't like she needed it, necessarily, but for once, Luke found himself caring for her more than his own desires. There were so many things he wanted to show her, but he decided he'd have to go slow to get there. He'd only take what she was willing to give, and only if she wanted him to. It was new territory for him, and he'd surely try his best to navigate what he felt for her before he screwed it up.

All in all, a line was crossed tonight, and Luke had no intention on backtracking.

"Elise," he mumbled in a deep, somewhat reluctant tone, shocking the both of them with his first words since the selfish part of him had brought her back to his apartment without a second thought. "Do you want me to take you home?" Please say no.

She shook her head immediately. He could feel his chest tightening. "No," she said quickly, wincing at her own eagerness.

"You sure?" He had to ask one more time. Whether that be to double check or just to hear her confirm what he craved, he didn't know.

"Mmhm," Elise paused. "I mean, unless you want me to go—"

"I don't."

He said it so quickly and so confidently that it took her by surprise, and, oddly, made her want to smile.

The idea actually had her a little giddy, both being there and him actually wanting her to be. Elise had so much on her mind, so many questions she wanted to ask, specifically about the night they just had, but none of it seemed urgent anymore. She was just happy to spend more time with him, in whatever way.