part 11

taehyung would never imagine he'd be in such a situation; positioned behind ara as she walked beside jimin, with yoongi leading ahead.

he wished he could just turn around and go home, pretend like he never bothered to come to take ara to the festival. the fact there was a quiet dominance battle between him and yoongi caused him to keep following, but also because he couldn't bring himself to ditch the woman he'd come to see.

tensions were low for now, jimin and ara in quiet conversation as they walked. he noticed the latter would glance behind sometimes, as if to make sure he was still there.

"you did what!" jimin suddenly stopped, eyes wide with a hand on ara's shoulder as if to steady himself at whatever the girl had revealed.

taehyung slowed to a halt, watching that hand on her shoulder closely, contemplating chopping it from his arm if ara showed it was causing her discomfort.

"what?" yoongi turned around, that bland expression never leaving his face.

ara's face was almost unreadable, but taehyung detected something in her gaze, flaring up as she looked sideways at her brother nervously. panic. she was panicked.

before taehyung could step forward, and likely make the situation worse, jimin spoke.

"ara went to see your dad."

ah.

yoongi's face went from calm to furious in less than a second, if taehyung wasn't a certified lunatic he would of definitely shit his pants by now.

"you fucking did what?" yoongi was storming towards them. "on your own? how fucking stupid-"

"she wasn't on her own,"

it was his voice, it was him speaking, but why? why not just watch the unfolding disaster? why get involved.

"i was with her."

a predator. ready for his prey, ready to pounce.

min yoongi looked like a creature that had descended from a forest in drenched in midnight, black hair falling in front of his eyes as he looked to the ground, small mouth stretching into a grin.

"oh, really?" yoongi spoke quietly, but everybody heard. ara took a subtle step closer to her psychologist.

jimin noted the situation instantly, and put a hand on his fiancé's arm, "yoongi, as long as she wasn't on her own, then-"

unable to see or read his eyes, taehyung was unable to predict what move yoongi would make out in a quiet street.

"you don't make visits to that man without me or my permission, sister, and you especially don't take strangers with you."

ara's face portrayed that of a deer caught in headlights.

"i wanted to see him." her voice was so small, so insignificant.

"what did he say to you?" yoongi demanded, ignoring her earlier claim, as he walked closer towards her, finally looking up through his hair.

"nothing of interest," she whispered, looking at her feet, "we left soon after getting there, except he wanted to talk to taehyung before leaving, it was probably just the clas-"

something behind her brother's eyes snapped, as if he remembered something, as if whatever she just said brought back a memory.

"kim taehyung, hm?"

thoughts coming to a stop inside his mind, taehyung also remembered something.

he never told this man his second name.

refusing to look unnerved, he raised his head to meet the crime lord's eyes. saw the truth behind them, felt the aggression rolling from the man in fast and steep waves, crashing into him.

"interesting." yoongi laughed, wicked and cunning, as he turned around to continue walking.

jimin looked at taehyung with an apologetic look as he caught up to his fiancé, talking quietly to him with narrowed eyes.

hands. a soft, delicate hand.

looking down, that lovely hand was holding his own, attached to the body of a woman who suddenly had his heart rate speeding up.

"sorry, about my brother, he's... untrusting. i wonder how he knows your full name." she was mumbling, deep in thought.

looking down at her, emotion was running on a rampage through his body, rattling his bones and squeezing his cold heart. but it didn't feel so cold anymore, didn't feel so lonely.

his soul didn't feel quite as broken, or desperate for something that he didn't he know he needed.

her face was open, trusting, and as she noticed his gaze, she did something that completely ruptured who he thought he was.

she smiled.

broad, teeth gleaming, eyes crinkled with happy lines, cheeks full and flushed.

reaching his spare hand up, he slowly touched the side of her face, the silkiness s of it making the urge to cup her cheeks nearly overwhelming. she didn't bulk from him, but her eyes opened, shining.

"you have a wonderful smile." he whispered, not realising his face had become close enough to her that his breathing caused tuffs of her hair to sway.

her tongue ran over top lip, timidness making her ears turn red at their proximity and his compliment.

unexpectedly, her own hand came up and cupped taehyung's cheek, the ends of her fingers hidden beneath his hair. he nearly gasped, his chest rising and falling too quickly.

"you have a wonderful smile, too, taehyung."

staring, intense eye contact they'd never shared before, lost in each other's touch.

what was this feeling? what was this suffocating feeling? he felt like he couldn't breathe, but he was breathing quick enough to indicate he could do so perfectly fine.

"yah! love birds!" jimin called out teasingly, and ara pulled back suddenly, blinking and shying away from the man she had emptied her soul into.

although, she never let go of his hand.