scene. i.

the part where the queen is home _________________

_________________

New Orleans, Louisiana
September, 2013

Kennedy stared up at her ceiling as she laid wide awake at six am on a Wednesday.

The compound was silent; seeing as her brother was fast asleep, and so were his remaining hybrids.

The quiet seemed to be the most dangerous time for Kennedy to be awake and alone; the memories of him haunting her while she unconsciously played with the daylight ring that hung around her neck on a simple gold chain.

It was his.
The one he'd worn for over a thousand years.

It was one of the only things that lived through the flames.

His crucifix was hung around the rear view mirror of her Barracuda- reminding her of the man who- despite his pessimistic and hate-filled attitude- believed in a higher power.

He believed that everything happened for a reason-and that was something the twins always shared..

Up until a month ago..

Now a-days she couldn't believe that there was a god.. If there was: Kol wouldn't be gone.

He wouldn't have taken away the only light in Kennedy's life..

Kennedy had been in New Orleans for a few weeks with her older brother Klaus.

It was the one place they always called home.
The one place her entire family felt safe and accepted.

But after their father had found them in 1919, they were forced to flee once again; leaving the town they loved, and the people in it.

Am now, New Orleans was once again ruled by vampires- though, the French Quarter wasn't as free as it was back then.

A vampire by the name of Marcellus- or, Marcel, as he likes to be called now a-days, ruled over the supernatural in the town.

A vampire Kennedy was quite familiar with.

Her whole family, actually..

A vampire that she would once give her life for...

• • •