Chapter 2: I Can't Roll The Dice Again

*Five Years Later*

It was a nice breezy morning as I walk out of our house that was now in the woods. I walk over to a little campsite and started to clap my hands and said. "Chow-time! Morgoona. Morgan H. Stark." I called out as I walk up to the little tent. "Want some lunch?" I asked as I sit down. Then Morgan pops out, wearing a blue Iron Man helmet that I actually made for Pepper. "Define lunch or be disintegrated." She said as she holds up her hand, where a small light was in the palm of her hand.

"Okay. You should not be wearing that, okay? That is part of a special anniversary gift I'm making for Mom." I said to her as I remove the helmet off of her head. "There you go. Are you thinking about lunch?" I asked and she nods. "Want a handful of crickets?" I asked and she shakes her head. "No." She replied. "That's what you want." I said then I hold up the helmet and asked. "How did you find this?"

"Garage." She replied. "Really? Were you looking for it?" I asked her. "No. I found it, though." She replied and I smirk at her. "You like going to the garage, huh? So does Daddy. And...so did your sister." I said as I pick her up and carry her.  "It's fine actually. Mom never wears anything I buy her." I said as I carry her to the house.

As I get to the steps, I hear car doors shut behind me. I turn around and see Steve, Natasha and a third guy, who remembered being the one who turned giant during our fight at the airport in Germany. I look over at them and Steve nods at me, I nod back and gesture for them to follow me.

"Now, we know what it sounds like..." Natasha started to say but I shake my head. "Tony after everything you've seen, is anything really impossible..." Steve started to say but I shake my head once again. "Quantum fluctuation messes with the Planck scale, which then triggers the Deutsch proposition. Can we agree on that?" I said as I hand him a drink. "Thank you." Steve said as he takes the drink.

"In Layman's terms, it means you're not coming home." I said.

"I did." Scott said. "No. You accidentally survived. It's a--- It's a billion-to-one cosmic fluke. And now you wanna pull a... What do you call it?" I said. "A time heist?" Scott said, questionable as I hand him a drink then Nat took one as well.

"Yeah. Time heist. Of course. Why didn't we think of this before? Oh! Because it's laughable? Because it's a pipedream? The stones are in the past. We can go back and we can get them. We can snap our own fingers. We can bring everybody back. Or screw it up worse than he already has, right?" I exclaimed as I sit back down.

"I don't believe we would." Steve said and I laugh. "Gotta say this. Sometimes, I miss that giddy optimism. However, high hopes won't help if there's no logical, tangible, way for me to safely execute said time heist. I believe the most likely outcome will be our collective demise." I said, firmly.

"Not if we strictly follow the rules of time travel. That means no talking to our past selves, no betting on sporting events..." Scott started to list off and I raise my hand to him.
"I'm gonna stop you right there, Scott. Are you seriously telling me that your plan to save the universe is based on Back to the Future?" I asked him. Scott scoff at me and said. "No." 

"Good. You had me worried there. 'Cause that'd be horseshit. That's not how quantum physics works." I said as I take a sip of my drink. "Tony...We have to take a stand." Steve said to me. "We did stand. And yet, here we are." I said as I spread my arms out, gesturing towards the environment around me.

"I know you got a lot on the line. You got a wife, a daughter. But I lost someone very important to me. A lot of people did. And now, now, we have a chance to bring her back. To bring everyone back. And you're telling me that you won't even..." Scott started to say but I glare over at him.