Chapter 3: Whatever It Takes

I drove incredibly fast as I make my way to the old headquarters. I turn the car very quickly and drive up on the driveway where I see Steve Rodgers standing there. I stop the car but pull the car back a bit and rolled down the window.

"Why the long face?" I asked Steve. "Let me guess. He turned into a baby." I said. "Among other things, yeah. What are you doing here?" Steve asked as I start to get out of his car.

"That's the EPR paradox. Instead of pushing Lang through time, you might've wound up pushing time through Lang. It's tricky. Dangerous. Somebody coulda cautioned you against it." I said. "You did." Steve said to me. "Oh, did I? Thank God, I'm here. Regardless, I fixed it." I said as I hold up my fist to show a small circular device on the back of my hand.

"A fully functioning time-space GPS. I just want peace. Turns out, resentment is corrosive, and I hate it." I said to Steve. "Me, too." Steve said.

"We got a shot at getting these stones, but I gotta tell you my priority is to bring back what we lost? I hope, yes. Keep what I found? I have to, at all costs. And, maybe not die trying will be nice." I said and Steve nods. "Sounds like a deal." Steve said and we shake hands. Then I go to the trunk of my car, open it and pulls out Steve's shield.

"Tony, I don't know..." Steve said, with uncertainty. "Why? He made it for you. Plus, honestly I have to get it out the garage before Morgan takes it sledding." I said as I hand the shield to Steve, who accepts. "Thank you, Tony." Steve said.

"Will you keep that a little quietly? Didn't bring one for the whole team." I said as I shut the trunk. "We are getting, the whole team, yeah?" I asked Steve. "We're working on that right now." Steve replied and we enter the building.

"Drifting left. On the side there, Lebowski." I said to Thor as I wheel in some parts for the time machine while Thor was walking around, carrying a can of beer. He finally came back after Bruce and the raccoon convinced him to come back but I gotta say...he really let himself go. "Ratchet, how's it going?" I asked the raccoon. "It's Rocket. Take it easy. You're not the only genius on Earth, pal." Rocket remarked as he continues to work on the machine.

Later on, Natasha brought Clint Barton back from Tokyo. She had been looking for him the last few years and Rhodey was able to track him down, since he went rogue and hunted down bad guys, because he felt that they should've died not his family.

But anyway, Clint volunteered to test out the machine once it was fixed and eventually, Rocket got it fixed. Clint was wearing the new white and red suit as he climbed up on the machine and Bruce began to type away on the control panel. "All right, Clint. We're going in 3...2...1..." Bruce counts down and a second later Clint was gone.

We waited for about ten seconds before Bruce flips some switches and pushed buttons and Clint returned, hunched over and carrying something.

Natasha runs to him first as Steve and I follow her. "Hey, hey. Look at me. You okay?" She asked him as he starts to stand up. "Yeah. It worked. It worked." He said as he holds a baseball mitten and tosses it to Steve, who catches. Then all of us look around at each other and smile at this accomplishment.

"Okay, so the how works. Now we gotta figure out the when, and the where." Steve said as we were gathered in a conference room, staring at the screen that showed all six Infinity stones. "Almost everyone in this room has had an encounter with at least one of the six Infinity Stones." He said. "Well, I'd subtitute the word encounter for damn near been killed by one of the six Infinity Stones." I corrected.

"I haven't. I don't even know what the hell you're all talking about. Regardless, we only have enough Pym Particles for one round trip each, and these stones have been in a lot of different places throughout history. Our history. So, not a lot of convenient spots to just drop in." Scott said as he looks around at everyone.