4

The two made their way through the crowded market streets, both hooded. (Y/N) scanned the crowd for any sight of the fish stall Bruno operated from.

"Oi, do you want me to stab you, Pannacotta? Insult me one more time and-"

"Narancia! Leave your brother alone, or I'll have you volunteered to clean the stables again." A familiar voice said. Fighting her way through the crowd, she found the black haired man, scolding one of the children he had taken in. "Bruno!" The girl called out, as she pulled her hood down to reveal her face. "Ah, (Y/N)! What are you doing here?"

"Did you get my letter?"

"I did, and I'm quite confused. Are you in danger?" Bruno asked, concern laced in his voice.

"Pfffft. No, Bruno, I'm fine. Besides I can handle myself. This is him." The girl gestured beside her, and turned her head to look, before realizing the criminal had gone missing. "Sodding bitch lord..." She mumbled, before scanning the crowd. She turned back to Bruno. "It seems my murderer has escaped." The girl sighed. "I might as well just get what I came here for." She fished in her bag for a sovereign, before Bruno held up a hand. "Its on the house, (Y/N). I could never charge one of my orphans." He chuckled, as a small smile grew on the girls face.

"(Y/N)! (YYYYY/NNNNNN)!!" The girl turned in the direction her name was being called in, as a very sweaty, cloaked figure caught sight of her. He visibly relaxed and approached the woman and her companion. "There you are. I thought I lost you."

"Lost me? You're the one thats trying not to get caught. Yelling my name in the middle of a crowd is definitely one way of getting attention on you." The girl scolded. She sighed, and gestured to the archer. "Bruno, this is Guido, Guido, Bruno."

"Pleasure to meet yo-" Guido began, before Bruno roughly grabbed him by the arm. He pulled the male close. He whispered something into his ear, causing the shorter male to pale.

Guido nodded profusely, "Aye, understood." Bruno smiled, and went around the stall, and grabbed a bundle of various meats, before sitting them on the counter. "Thank you, Bruno."

"Don't thank me. Narancia and Pannacotta caught the rabbit, I just caught the fish."

(Y/N) waved at the two boys who smiled in return. "Thanks you two. You're all amazing. I'll see you in a few weeks." She winked at the two boys, who resumed their arithematic lessons.

A sigh escaped the girls lips. "So, is Bruno your father?"

"I told you, I spawned from a log."

"So, he isn't your father?"

"Correct."

"But, he raised you?"

"Also correct."

"I see."

Guido stopped walking, his head down in thought. Noticing the presence lost from her side again, the girl stopped and turned to see the male deep in thought. She sighed and approached the male before she grabbed Guido's hand. "You're almost like a child. Come, we need to get you fitted for new armor so you wont be as recognizable."

The male blushed, as his fingers curled around the woman's hand. His head felt like it was spinning, but it was bearable.
"I-I um, yes." He mumbled, as the two weaved their way through the crowd again.

The armory they had stopped at was empty, save the owner. "Welcome, friends. What can I help you with today?" He asked, as he wiped his charcoal covered hands on his equally dirty apron. His right arm was red and seemingly inflamed. (Y/N) pulled her hood down, as she glanced around the store. Heat seeped into the shop from a room in the back. Several of the smiths works lay across the counter. Helms, breastplates, and bracers. A dagger, a full quiver of arrows and an axe lay on the other. "Do you do leatherwork?" The woman asked. "Aye, ma'am. Is the armour for you or your companion?" He nodded to the male.

"Aye, my companion. We would like to see all of your leather armour." The smith nodded, and walked into his backroom a slight limp on his step, as he brought out each piece.

"Am I, erm, able to try the items on?" Guido asked sheepishly. "Just toss your old armor on the floor there." The smith said, as Guido cautiously unrobed himself. He eyed each piece of armour and carefully chose each one before strapping them to his lean body.

After collecting the pieces that fit, he did a small twirl for the woman, showing off the hood and cape that came with the intricate armour. "I really like this one." Guido said, excitement laced in his voice. The woman turned to the smith. "How much for what hes wearing?"

"For the whole set, ten sovereigns."

The woman's mouth hung agape. "Ten?!"

"Aye. Is that a problem?" The burly man asked, as he took a step towards the woman. "I- No! I just only have three. Perhaps we could do an exchange? Not his tattered armour of course. I noticed you have a bit of a limp. And your arm there, a burn or a cut, but its definitely infected." Guido raised a brow at the observation, as the smith attempted to hide his injury. "And what of it?"

"An infection can kill you as quick as any blade or spell."

"What are you a doctor? Don't trust your kind if you are."

"I'm not, in fact. But I can tend to your wounds. I'll be saving your life, and you'll be saving his. I believe thats a fair trade."

The smith grunted in thought. "Fine. Treat them, if you must." The woman smiled, before she approached the smith and held out his arm. The cut across his forearm seeped slightly, as the woman's hand hovered over the wound. "This will hurt but only briefly." She said, as she placed her hand onto the open wound. The smith winced, as her magic pushed the infection out, and mended the wound back together. Her magic traveled down his arm and to his stiff leg, mending the pulled muscles. She removed her hand, revealing intact, healthy skin. The smith looked from her to his arm in awe. "H-How did... You just... I- Thank you! Take the armour, and here." He swiftly grabbed the dagger laying on the counter and presented it to the woman. "For you, milady. If you need anything, let me know. Both of you."

"Indeed. And what is your name?" She asked the man. "Risotto. Risotto Nero."

"Risotto, thank you. If you need to contact me, leave a letter inside the tree stump beside the stables." A bright smile beamed on her face. "Aye!" He nodded, as the two exited the shop, pulling their hoods over their heads.

{1143 words}