6

"So, that Cioccolata guy," Guido began. "How do you know him?" The wind blew through his black tresses, as the horse continued its gallop.

"Oh, he was the first magician I had met that wasn't myself." The woman explained. "I thought he was mad, and the magic had made him that way, but that was not the case. He was and is mad, but I believe Secco has helped him a lot."

"And Secco isn't his son, right?"

"Correct."

Guido's face contorted in confusion. "Cioccolata... Killed... Secco's parents, and kidnapped Secco. He always enjoyed the suffering of others, I knew that, but I have no idea why he decided to take Secco. He doesn't mistreat Secco, and as far as I know, Secco enjoys being with Cioccolata."

"That's not disconcerning in the least."

"I agree." The trees around the two began to thin, as the small cottage came into view.

"Here, I'll take care of Stella. You go inside, and relax. You've done so much for me today, let me try and repay you." Guido said, as the horse stopped. He jumped off, and held his hand out to help the woman down. She shook her head lightly, a small smile danced on her lips.

"Guido I can get down on my own. And my work isn't done quite yet." She gestured to her bag, filled with the ingredients for her potions. "Ah, right." He said, hand still extended.

Rolling her eyes, the woman took Guido's hand, and climbed off of the horse. "I'll be inside in a bit to help make dinner!" He shouted, as he pulled the horse into the small stable. The smile that danced on her features quickly fell from her lips, as a familiar young boy sprawled himself across her chair. His blond hair hung off the arm of the chair, his legs thrown over the other. The book in his hands a weighty tome of magic, one the woman hadn't seen in quite a while.

She cleared her throat, and the boy quickly jumped from his relaxed position. "A-Ah, (Y/N)! I didn't know you would be back so soon." The boy dropped the tome from his hand, and suddenly, an arrow wizzed by the boys head, sticking into the wall behind him.

"Guido!"

"What?! I thought you were in danger!"

"Why would I be in danger of my idiot little brother?"

"I didn't know he was your brother!"

The boy looked between the two bickering adults, and picked up the tome. He cleared his throat, causing the two to turn to him. "What?!"

"I was going to ask if i needed to leave."

The woman sighed, and looked to the ground. "No, Giorno, you can stay. It's probably too late for you to leave anyhow." The boy smiled, and walked to his sister, enveloping her in a warm embrace. "You certainly have gotten bigger since I saw you last. Mother and Father are well, I suppose?"

"Indeed. They don't know its you I've been coming to visit every so often."

"That's... Probably for the best." The woman detached herself from her sibling, and ushered Guido into the cottage. "Anywho, Giorno, this is Guido, Guido, Giorno. Now, if you two will excuse me, I need to work on some potions." The woman excused herself from the room, leaving the two males by themselves. Giorno plopped back down on the chair he had previously occupied, while Guido began dinner.

"I thought (Y/N) was raised by Bruno, the fisherman." Guido said, as he chopped vegetables for the stew he was planning to make. "Thats because it's true. Our parents disowned her for her talents, when she was very young. They had already had me, and I assume they thought having two children, and at least one gifted with magic, was too much of a burden. It was a mistake if you ask me."

"Hmm. Do they ever talk about her?"

Giorno shook his head. "They never cared for her, I guess. She writes to them often, asks how they have been, but she never gets anything in return. I wish they would write to her, give her something! I know how she feels about them, and I know how she feels about me."

"I'm sorry." Guido said, as he gathered the ingredients and tossed them into the pot.

"I have a few questions for you, now, Guido." The boy said, as he closed the tome. "Just who exactly are you? You and my sister aren't courting, or she would have said so. So who are you? A friend? A lover?"

"I-I'm... Well... Its a bit difficult to explain, and it would probably be better for your sister to-"

"So you're lovers then."

Guido opened his mouth to object, before the woman sprang into the room, concoction in hand. "Guido! I need you to drink this!"

The semi-liquid was a muddy green color, chunks from the ingredients littered in the sludge. "I am not drinking whatever that is." Guido objected, as the woman huffed, and began advancing towards the archer.

Giorno closed the large tome and said, "Sister, Guido told me you were lovers."

The woman dropped her potion, causing it to spill across the floor, her face dusted red, and face contorted into anger at the criminal.

"I-I did not!" Guido yelled. "You came in here wanting me to drink that shit before I could object!"

"And why would he think that we were lovers?!"

"He asked!"

The boy shook his head and laughed. "Its also because you fight like you're lovers. But since thats not the case, what exactly is your relationship?"

"Circumstantial. Guido is a murderer, and he just happened to stumble upon my cottage and that was that." The woman shrugged nonchalantly.

"A murderer?!"

"Yes, but it was for a noble cause. Someone would have been traumatized had he not stepped in."

"But really, sister? A murderer?" Giorno looked at his sister, disappointment in his eyes.

The woman sighed. "Giorno, you weren't there when he came stumbling through my door." She shook her head. "He needed my aid, so I gave it to him. And he still requires it. I know we were raised differently, but I truly thought mother and father would have raised you to have some compassion."

The woman looked at the mess coating the floor, she shook her head and blinked away the tears that filled her eyes. "That wouldn't make sense, however, since they themselves never showed compassion."

"Here, (Y/N), I'll clean this mess, you just-"

"No, Guido, its alright. I'll clean the mess." The woman smiled at Guido, showing him that everything was going to be alright.

{1116 words}