Chapter 34: Recovering

Warning!! I kept reading this chapter over and over. It felt too short and unfinished the more I kept reading it. With that said, I have more content for this chapter. So, keep an eye on another update!! I will upload more information as soon as I can....okay, it was sooner than I thought!! Haha!

It had felt like you were in a long dream. The dream felt so real that you had no idea what if it was real or not. In a way, it was like you were in a movie. You were laying next to Jeong-in as yourself, intertwining your fingers with one another. The warmth you felt as he embraces you with a hug and planting kisses all over your face. You were giggling and laughing as you felt his lips tickling every part of your face. 

You had no worries...
No stress...
No guilt...
Nothing had bothered you, you were safe. You hugged him tightly like you didn't want this to end. Something deep within told you something was about to happen. As if a little voice was warning you for the worst. In a way, it did as you had faint memories. More like, flashes of events that had happened to you recently. It was like a slide show of your life within the months you had met Stray Kids. But it stopped at one particular memory. 

You remembered going on a trip to Australia with them, of course, as your alternative self. The last thing you recall is walking on the beach with Jeong-in. You and he were away from Chan and Seung-min when they went to the pier. You two were enjoying the water as if you were a happy couple. You smile in the glee of that memory. You saw how happy the scene was as both of you enjoy splashing in the water together. The water was transparent and beautiful. The memory was not bad at all, it was wonderful.

From afar as you watch the memory play itself like an actual movie. You saw yourself a few steps away from I.N as you a school of fish swimming past your feet. You saw him enjoying the view of you admiring the ocean life. You knew something bad was going to happen as you saw him looking away towards the deep water with a worried expression. You notice the wave growing tall above you and Jeong-in. You saw him running to you but you did not look at him as he pushes through the wave trying to pull him in as he reaches for you.
You shout at yourself, "get up dummy! Look up!" the moment you witness your alternative self noticing the gigantic wave, it had already been too late.
Your vision became dark and your body quickly became cold. You felt the vivid motion of the push of your body against the sand as your body twirls vigorously in the water. You had felt every roll and tumble then a hard hit against your head. You had thought you were cold before but now, it felt as if you were trapped in a dense, dark place. 

You knew you had to be in the water still. But had no idea what's going on when you felt someone dragging you and lays you down gently on a rough surface. You believe they lay you on damp sand that was exposed from the waves crashing onto the shore. You faintly heard voices when you felt hands touching you in odd places. You thought maybe they were checking to see if you're okay. As soon as you thought of that, you felt something soft and warm touch your lips. It felt familiar to you but strange when hot air blew ghastly in your mouth. You knew it had to be someone trying to help you breathe. What was weird is that you had felt everything happening to you but why did it not help? You were scared as you had thought that until you felt a late gag and then water came rushing out of your mouth. You still could not see anything even if your eyes were open.
The only thing you heard is a familiar voice saying: "I tried to get him but the wave..." the rest he spoke in Korean but you knew who it was. You wanted to reach out to him, to let him know you're okay. All you could spit out were: "Jeo..." then you faint in his arms as he held you close to him.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

When you were admitted to the hospital, he checked up on you each day. All of them did but Jeong-in came alone. He bought flowers for you every time also drew a picture of his fox character and you as a bunny like Judy. He had no idea if you liked flowers or if you were allergic to any so he had bought the ones that you might've liked the color of it at least. He constantly held your hand to see if you'd wake up by his touch. Each time you did not which made him sad. If only you knew how much he missed you.