18

I was laying back in the car seat looking at the dead body next to me. "It's almost been 24 hours?" I asked Shawn.

"Yeah yeah." Shawn replied strangely.

"why are you saying it like that?" My voice started to crack.

"It's been around 25 almost 26 hours." His words made me freeze. "I'm sorry Jason I just -" he said but I cut him off.

"I know. You wanted to help." I said my voice breaking. I looked at the lifeless body next to me. "Why did you leave so early?" I said to y/n. I then looked in the front to see what was going on.

"Jason you dumb cunt I am right next to you." this voice. This voice I could recognise anywhere.

I looked to the front to see if anyone else heard it, but there was no reactions from any of them.

"Blind is an underestimate." I heard making my heart ache. "Jason for fucks sake just look at me." I turned my head to look at the dead body next to me. The "dead body" was looking at me with wide eyes and you could tell she was trying not to laugh.

The second I saw her I grabbed her Into the tightest hug you could think.  I connected our lips and our tongues moved in perfect sync. God how much have I missed her.

"Y/n, promise me one thing, when we get back home you'll find a new place and leave. I can't put you in danger like that." I said. My voice cracking on each word.

"What?" She replied innocently.

"You heard me." My voice was getting back to the cold and heartless Jason that I thought was dead.

"Jason McCann what the fuck?" Her voice was getting stern. "A second ago you were crying like a little bitch because you thought I was dead. And the next you're doing this?" Her voice was mono-toned. "God dammit I wish I stayed at that house at this point. Me and Mark would probably be better anyway." She rolled her eyes.

"Don't you fucking dare speak about him." I hissed.

"Why do you care anyway? I'm a nobody to you anyway. Just another Barbie doll to play with for a little while and then throw out. I'm so thankful you're letting me go then." She said making my blood boil. She turned her head around do watch the views next to us.

"I thought I lost you. I would've never forgiven myself if I lost-" She cut me off.

"The last time I heard bullshit like this was when my ex told me he loved me and never lied." She said not taking her attention off of the trees outside the window. I didn't say anything.

"I love you y/n. I want to keep you safe." I added.

*6 months later*
*Y/n's P.O.V*

I was sitting on the couch talking to Felicity I was pretty much over Jason even though I was technically still living in his house. But I did renovate it a bit. Felicity was still with Bizzle but she wasn't allowed to go on missions with him and the others. Me and Shawn became closer and accidentally I felt like I was catching feelings for him.

Speaking of which. "Hey y/n." Shawn said when I opened the door to reveal him.

"Hey Shawn." I smiled and gave him a hug. When I turned around Felicity was smirking and raising her eyebrow to which I just rolled my eyes.

"Heard anything from Jason?" Shawn asked when he sat down.

"Nope." I shook my head.

"You don't watch the news?" Fel asked surprised.

"Of course not." I giggled. Then I realised why she asked me that. "Wait, what happened then?" I asked afraid.

"He almost got caught. Everyone is planning on killing him the second he gets caught." Shawn explained.

"No, we can't  let that happen.  I need to get to his house. I need to talk to him even if I probably shouldn't." I said and stood up.

"He told you to not go to him. It's too dangerous.  He's too dangerous." Shawn said gripping my arm.

"I don't care." I simply said.

"Please don't go. I don't want you to get hurt. I l-love you." He said which shocked me more than anything.

"You what." I asked him in complete shock.

"I caught feelings for you after we started hanging out more often. But I was afraid you still had feelings for Jason.  And I guess I was right." he said with a sad tone. "I don't know how you feel about me but maybe you could give us a chance. I know this is a weird place and time to ask you this but. Will you be my girlfriend?" He asked which made me smile and close the door that I was opening to leave the house.

"I will, Shawn Mendes."  I smiled then wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him passionately.

"I knew it." Felicity laughed and then got a text. "I'll leave you guys to it I gotta bounce cuz bizzle texted me to come over." She said with a little giggle and left.

"Speaking of coming over." Shawn said and looked deep into my eyes before crashing his lips on mine and slipping his tongue into my mouth.

Oooooo McCann replaced for Mendes... Interesting choice Y/n. Let's act like I didn't just write that. Anyway happy birthday to me I'm finally 16. I waited 2 or 3 years and finally I'm legally allowed to do most things... Counting people... Wait what?

Anyway thank you so much for reading this chapter and hopefully I'll see you next time.