Chapter 21: Noah

LYDIA

HOLDING THE PLASTIC bag in my hand with the new product inside, I walk up the front door steps with Aiden.

The sound of keys jingling fill my ears, he finally opens the door. We walk in.

"You're back? Took you long enough" my brows dropped together in confusion. It was my father. And he didnt sound calm.

Aiden and I looked at each other and he seemed just as confused as I am. We bother quickly take off our shoes and walk toward my father's voice.

He was sitting on one of the purple couches in the living room. His elbows rested on his knees, his fingers laced together as he stared at us. He stood up, slowly walking towards us. At this moment I felt terrified. He didn't look like my father. He was cold. And if it's possible, colder than Ice. I wasn't able to read any emotion off of him.

Aiden and I didn't move. We froze. A good five feet away from each other. My fathers eyes never left mine. The way he was approaching us was nerve racking.

His eyes then connected with Aiden's. Venom swirling in his irises.

He was calm before we left I was confused onto what happened. The way he was acting scared me. My father was big. His muscles defined him, I didnt underestimate his strength. He runs a wild gang, how am I not sopous to be scared? If he blows at me I'd probably end up with a concussion.

Okay not that much, but you get what I mean.

It felt like eternity until he reached us. Specifically, me. He stood taller than me I had to tilt my neck to have our eyes meet.

Suddenly he snatches the bag out of my hand, his eyes never leave mine. He opens the bag and looks down.

"What did you do?" His voice was strong and steady, although I didn't know what he was talking about.

"Huh?" My voice was extremely low I barely heard it myself.

"What dis you do when you left?"

"Ummm... I- I went - I mean w-we went to a d-drug store and bought m-myself some p-pads" I mentally cursed myself. The damn stuttering! He probably know I'm scared.

"Lydia?"

"Mhm?" I hummed.

"Are you scared of me?" I shook my head 'no'. he knew I was lying, but didn't say anything.

He grabbed the back of my head and kissed my forehead. I gasped, I thought he was going to do something to me. My heart skipped a beat.

He pulled away and for a split second I saw something. Swirling in his eyes. It was pain. But I barely saw it before it was immediately cover back up with a cold face I would never want to get used to. I felt hurt. I didn't mean to make him feel that way. I cant controll the fact that I'm scared.

My father then grabbed my wrists and pulled my sleeves up. I was confused. He then placed his hands on my upper arms and gave them a squeeze. I looked at Aiden and saw shock in his eyes. Did he know what my father was doing?

"Take off you hoodie." I looked at my father shocked at his request.

"W-why?"

"Because I said so, Lydia." He was more demanding now and it made me a little nervous.

I took off my shirt and held it in my hand. My father trailed his finger on my both my upper arms. He looked at them and squeezed them looled me straight in the eyes. He hand found it's way to my chin and he tilted it from left to right, looking at my neck. He backed away and asked me something that made me mentaly groan.