Chapter 25: A Special White Rose

AIDEN

"THANK YOU" JACK sighs, my back towards him as I lock the basment's door. I turn around to face him, nodding in return to his statment.

"So am I-"

"Dissmissed? Yes you are." I cut him off, already aware of what he is about to say. He turns around and walks off, leaving me alone with my thoughts. I have no idea what to do. Lydia is not safe in the only place we though she is, and we have no idea what to do now. Alex needs time to think of a plan and that usually takes him days. I sigh, walking out and up the stairs.

One thing I must do for sure is train Lydia. Teach her some important self defence techniques to defend herself if a time comes where I cannot protect her. I must find her and begin. The sooner the better.

I walk down the hall, acknowledging the fact none of my men are in their rooms. They must be in the gym. My legs take me around the mansion on a quest to find Lydia, only to realize she in nowhere to be found. I now stand in the middle of the living room, humming in thought. Where chould she be? I even looked in the other side of the mansion, the one Lydia has no idea exists. I though she might have figured it out by now but I guesss not.

As I make my way upstair to look for her one more time, I notice the back yard's door open right under the stairs. My lips form into an 'O' in realization that she told me she wanted to go outside where the pool is. I jog back down and make my way under the stairs towards the door. I walk out, now standing on the left side of the mansion that leads a way to the back yard. It is an enchantic excperience to walk down this way. Flowers and roses soround the path, small brick tiles on the ground that lead a way to the back. As if walking though a magical forest. The way is fairly long as the mansion is enormous, it takes you a while to to get the back. If you think this path is beautiful, you should see the back yard.

Hands in my pockets, I stare up the wall of the mansion on my right. Leaves grown on the wall like veins, giving a vintage look. As the path shortens and I reach the back yard, I stop in my track when a white rose catches my attention. For some reason I feel drown to it. I crouch down, its beauty engulfing me in a bliss. Without thought I pick it out, careful enough not to get wounded from the thorns. I stand back up and strengthen my posture, smiling at the rose like a mad man as a graceful thought invades my mind.

I continue to walk and my eyes catch the attenthion of a young female sitting by the water of the pool that streaches far wide. Beautiful brown hair flowing down her back as she sits there watching the water. My beautiful Lydia. It takes a good walk to get to the pool but I am up for that mission. The dark grey tiles get bigger and the grass in between them get smaller as the path continues straight ahead. The tiles stop and continue to the right then meet the pool. The lazy oval shaped pool is sorounded by three meters of dark grey tiles. On the right, curved side of the pool stood Lydia at the stairs that take you into the water.

Trees, flowers and grass sorounded the pool a little far over, giving who ever is swimming some privacy despite of the large and tall fence that sorounds the mansion already. I step onto the dark grey deck and I walk over to Lydia as she still does not seam to notice me.

"Hey." Her eyes snap up to mine, a small heart warming smile plays at her lips as she sees me.

"Hello, Mr Big Bad Aiden." I chuckle at the name she gives me as her eyes twinkle in the sun. Her smile grows and if it is not for her I would have continued to stare at her like an idiot.

"What is in your hand?" I smirk, her face clearly curious as she stares at the rose in my hand.

"What?" She looks up at me, innocence in her eyes as her eye brows drop in confusion. My smirk grows as I hold it up for her.