Part 4

You were sitting at the cafe, waiting anxiously for Chanyeol. After a few minutes, the sound of a bell that was hit from opening the door was heard. You turned your head and tried your best to resist dropping your jaw. Chanyeol was wearing a white tank top with blue checkered shirt and black skinny jeans. You didnt realise that he was already sitting opposite you until he cleared his throat.

"Oh um.. Hi.." You said nervously. "Hi, Naomi. Did u bring my book?" You nodded and searched your bag to grab his book. You exchanged books with him and he looked at you weirdly. "Did you... happen to.. umm.. you know.. read my book?" Your heart started to beat really fast. You were in a dilemma whether to tell or not. You finally nodded your head ever so slowly.

"You did?.." He sighed, his face shows a redness from embarrassment. "I guess you saw what i drew.. and your name.." You nodded again, still awkward to say anything. His eyes was all around but never laid once in your eyes. He was avoiding eye contact and so were you. "I have to go now, bye." He quickly mumbled through his words and flee.

You were shocked and disappointed. Shocked because he just left you hanging while disappointed because he was not what you expected. You thought he would be romantic and give hints or something but instead, he just left without turning back.

You slowly got up and purposely dragged your feet home. "Naomi, i've cooked for you already. Do you want to eat now?" Your grandmother ask you as soon as you came into the house. You shook your head. "No thanks. I dont have the appetite." You went to your room, still dragging your feet. Your grandmother gave you a weird look and murmured "Teenagers this days are so weird" before switching to another channel to watch the news.

You sat on your bed and place your book beside you. Hmph.. Its obvious that he likes me but.. Why cant he just confess?

You took your phone and messaged Steph. 'Hey. Im not in a good mood so can you cheer me up?' You sighed and laid down on your bed, still thinking of a reason why he didnt confess. You heard a buzz and checked your phone. 'What happen?' You told her the whole story and waited for her reply. In the meantime, you just tried to start on your homework. A few minutes later, you received Steph reply. 'Maybe he is shy? I dont know but you should just think positive of it. Umm.. By the way, Chanyeol wants you to meet him tomorrow after school.' You cringed your eyebrows and got curious. He was not the kind to meet people after school. He usually goes back home and study or have soccer practice or competition.

'Why?' You asked to clear your doubts. You continued finishing your homework while waiting for Steph's reply. After a few hours, you finished your homework and checked your phone. Steph didnt reply you and you got even more curious. You called her to ask her what was going on but the ringing sound didnt stop. You called a few more times but the same ringing tone was heard. You sighed. Something is definitely not right.

The next day, you saw Steph and Isaac in class. You ran to them and pulled Steph to a corner while saying 'i need to talk to Steph in private' to Isaac. He just nodded in response and went to talk to the other boys in the class. 'Okay, talk.' Steph gave you a confused look. 'Dont act so innocent. I know you're hiding something from me. So spill.' 'Im not hiding anything from you.' 'Oh really? Then explain why you didnt reply my messages and answer my calls.' You crossed your arm and stared at her. 'I was sleeping...' 'Dont lie to me. I know you dont sleep that early. It was 9 and usually sleep at 1. C'mon Steph, what is it that you're hiding from me? Why cant you just tell me?' Steph took a deep breath. 'I just cant. Im sorry. You'll know it after school.' After school? Im supposed to meet Chanyeol after school. 'You mean when i meet Chanyeol?' She nodded and walked to Isaac. You saw Isaac asking Steph something but she shook her head. Probably asking if she told you or not. Wait, does that mean that Isaac knew something too? 

You went to your seat and sighed heavily, frustrated of the situation. 'What happen?' Shawn, your table partner asked. 'Steph is keeping a secret from me and i dont know what it is.' 'If you knew what it was, then its not a secret, isnt it?' You raised an eyebrow. 'That's not the point. Anyway, we always share secrets but not this one. So im curious about it. Do you know anything about it?' 'Uhh.. Nope. Nothing at all.' He looked away immediately and took out his books. 'You know something.' He glanced at you and held back his smile. You wanted to ask him but the bell rung and the teacher arrived. You saw Isaac giving Steph a flying kiss before leaving to his class. You rolled your eyes and took out your books, trying to adapt to study mode.