Part 5

"So tell me, what's the secret?" You whispered to Shawn, trying your best not to get caught by the teacher. "No. Focus on the lesson." Shawn whispered back, not even looking at you. "C'mon just tell me." "You'll know it after school." "You're my closest guy friend, cant you just tell me?" "Steph is your best friend. If she cant tell you, how can i? By the way, Steph only told me part of the story." You looked at him curiously. "Why?" He shrugged his shoulders. "She just started crying." You wanted to ask why she was crying but your teacher called your name. "Stop talking or you will be sent out, understand?!" You sighed before nodding. You rested your head on your palm and stared blankly at the clock. Hurry up time.. I need to meet Chanyeol as soon as possible..

RIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG

You packed your things immediately and stood up from your seat. "Got to go, bye." You rushed through your words to Shawn. You waved goodbye to Steph but she just look at you with no expression. You blinked twice awkwardly before leaving. You ran to the canteen where you were supposed to meet him. "S-sorry im late." You said in between heavy pants when you saw Chanyeol. "Its okay, i just arrived. Have a seat." You sat down and he just stared at you. "Um.. So.. You wanted to see me for?.." You said to break the awkwardness. "Here."

You saw a white envelope and a small box on it. "I want you to have this before I leave." You looked at him, wondering about what he said. "L-Leaving? What do you mean?" "I know you have been liking me for a very long time. Its the same for me. I have my reason why im always quiet around you and its not because that im shy. I knew the day would come and i didnt want to tell you when. I dont want you to have high hopes. Im afraid that i would break your heart. So, im giving you this to keep a memory of me. Of us." You were still not getting the idea. He looks devastated and there you are not knowing the situation. What does he mean by 'leave'?

"Are you going somewhere? Migrating? Boarding school?" He shook his head.

"My life ends tomorrow."

Your eyes widen. "YOU'RE DYING TOMORROW?" He covered your mouth and placed his finger on his mouth to keep you quiet. So this is why Steph cried.. Your eyes started tearing up. You remembered the first day when you were introduced to him. His eyes sparkled as if stars were always present. His smile always brighten up your gloomy days. His laughter was like music to your ears. He was like an angel in disguise. But now, that angel was going back to where he belonged, Paradise. Tears started rolling uncontrollably as Chanyeol removed his palm from your mouth. "I'm sorry.. I'm sorry that i dont have a strong heart to carry on with my life. I hope you will take good care of yourself when i am gone. I wish you the best of health." He sighed. His eyes were watery and you could see that he was holding back his tears. "I love you, Naomi. Forever. Never forget that." You couldnt take it anymore. You placed your arm on the table as your head dropped on your arm. You couldnt bear to look at him anymore. Your heart ached painfully thinking that he will be leaving the world the next day. You cried your heart out, feeling despair. You just continued crying and crying.

Suddenly, you felt someone stroking your head. You open your eyes and closed it back, trying to adjust them with the bright lights. "Are you okay?" You heard Steph asking. You opened your eyes again, but slower. "Where am i?" You tried to sit up but a sudden pain strike your head which made you lie back down. "Just rest. You dont have to sit up. You're in the hospital." Your eyes were still a little bit blurry and your head was still dizzy but u manage to ask her about Chanyeol. "What about Chanyeol? Where is he?" You heard someone sighed and realise that it was Isaac. Steph shook her head. "He's gone.."

Those words rung in your ears. Your head was already dizzy but it became worst. Your stomach was upest and felt like you were going to vomit. Your hands and legs were numb and you couldnt feel anything. "But.. Its tomorrow.. He said he was leaving tomorrow..." "Your brain was so affected by the situation that you were in a coma for three days.." You shook your head violently. You were heartbroken. You couldnt accept the truth that he left you. "NO!" You screamed at the top of your lungs. You flung your arms around so that the tubes and wires attached to your body was removed. Steph and Isaac grabbed your arm and tried to calm you but to no avail. Isaac shouted for a doctor and a man in white coat rushed in with a syringe. He injected you on the arm and in a few seconds, your body just automatically calm down even though you didnt want to. Your breathing went back to normal as you stared at the doctor talking to Isaac. You couldnt hear what they were talking but you could see that from Isaac's facial expression that he was really worried.

After a few hours, Steph gave you a glass of water and a few plain biscuits to fill your stomach. "Im leaving soon. It's getting dark. I'll come and visit you tomorrow okay? Rest well." You nodded expressionless as she woke up Isaac who was sleeping near your bed. "C'mon, we're leaving already." She whispered, not wanting to wake the other patients that was in the room. Isaac rubbed his eyes as he dragged his feet out of the room. Steph took her belongings and gave you an encouraging smile before leaving. You stared at the ceiling as your eyelids gets heavy and brought you to a deep sleep.