Chapter ➳ Four

Next day-

Colby woke up in a coughing mess causing his mother to peak her head through his door.

"You feeling alright, hun?" She asked as she stepped into the room, and put her hand on Colbys forehead.

"You have a fever, you should stay home" she says.

"But mom- I have *cough* an assignment to do with my partner-" Colby argued, his  voice hoarse.

"Just invite him over then" she interrupts 

Colby sighs in defeat, and he takes out his phone.

Colby: hey Sam. I'm sick so I'm not able to come to school today. Maybe you can come over after school so we can work on the project.

Samuel: hey Cole. I'll just come over now since I don't feel like going to school. What's your address?

Colby furrows his eyebrows. Why was Sam like this? It really confused him, but he decided to reply anyways.

Colby: oh, okay. (Address)

Sam: k. Be there in 5.

Colby sighed and layed back.

-

Meanwhile...

"Sam and Colby are both absent. Do you think they're f.king?" Brennen asked casually, making corey choke on his water, and jake coughed awkwardly.

"The hell dude, you know they hate each other" corey pointed out, jake nodding in agreement.

"I know" brennen said, shoving a French fry in his mouth. "But that doesn't mean one of them doesn't like one another"

-

Colbys house-

I heard a knock come from the door downstairs so I automatically got up, groaning since my head was pounding from a headache.

I opened the door, revealing a tired looking Sam.

Probably because it's only 8:23 in the damn morning.

I let him in awkwardly, and we head to my room.

*About 10 minutes later*

"It doesn't work like that, you dork" Colby said, and sighed.

"Yes it does!" Sam argues.

At this point, they didn't even know what they were talking about.

"Tell me how suran wrap is supposed to protect your phone from falling into the toilet. Won't it just break the plastic?" Colby said in a "duh" way making Sam roll his eyes.

"Besides how are you supposed to use the toilet? Yknow what, actually, I don't wanna know" Colby said as he put his hands up in surrender.

"Alright, negative Nancy, I guess it doesn't work" Sam said rolling his eyes.

"Whatever, let's just get back to the damn project"

-

They decided to write on separate papers to get an idea. When Colby was done, he looked over at Sam's paper.

"Are you serious? You just doodled all over it" Colby said and face palmed.

Sam shrugged.