Chapter 10

Victonara's

It has been a week since the last time I saw him. I thought that maybe, he was still mad. I knew I should feel sad about what happened, but there was a small part of me telling, he deserved it after what his ill words irked me. I saw my reflection in the full-length mirror, I don't feel to wear slacks today so I decided to look for another outfit in my big white closet.

"You missed him?"

"Of course not!"

I covered my mouth quickly after I realized what I just said. Did I just asked myself if I missed him? Sure, I did. Okay, I have to admit it, I missed his lips, his kisses, touch, and even smell, but for the record, I don't miss him.

Finally, I found my pencil skirt and wore it immediately. I have to leave early because I haven't found a job yet for my practicum course. I took a quick glance of myself in the mirror, finalizing my outfit for today. I make my hair into a bun so I don't have to worry I take a jeepney later. I ran my hands to my sides, the skirt was tightly hugging my butt, making it look bigger. My curves were visible with this type of clothing, it made me even think that I might be overdressing.

My phone beeped, reminding me that I was late already, I took my bag and left the building. I don't have any choice but to walk for a few minutes from the place where I was staying, jeepneys weren't allowed to pick passengers in luxurious establishments. I glanced at my phone and it was 8:00 already, I have to be early because people like me will took a lifetime to find a good job.

Employers today were picky; they don't want applicants who doesn't have any experiences yet, but that is why we are applying, right? We wanted to gain experience.

It felt like forever when the jeepney finally arrived, it was full because it was Monday, students almost dominated the seats. I sat in the center since that was the only vacant left. I placed my bag in my lap and closed my legs as tight as I can. This was one among many problems of this transportation, you don't have personal space and maniacs took it as their advantage to molest you. I noticed the old man in my front, he was intently staring at my legs. I ignored it. I knew it was not right for me to let this person continue on what he was doing but who was I to care? I used to be a sexual object on a stage before.

It took me an hour to reach my first destination, nothing was new, since we were experiencing heavy traffic in Manila like I was still a little. I covered my mouth with my hands when I crossed the pedestrian lane, standing outside the tall building made me feel anxious on how small I was. I took a big breath and calmed myself. As soon as I regained my confident back, I entered the establishment and spotted the front desk quickly.

"Good morning, do you have any job vacancies for students?"

I asked politely. She lowered her big eyeglasses and smiled, that was the most fakest smile I have ever seen in my entire life.

***

I wasted my 8 hours for nothing. I already have sent my application letters and resumes to 9 companies, and still, they gave me the same answer. I knew they will not call me back, though I earned good grades however; it wasn't enough. Especially when I was asked about my job experiences. I said I have working experiences but it doesn't have any relation to the job that I was applying. That must be the reason why my interviews didn't last for 20 minutes.

The sky was a combination of orange and blue, any minute now the whole city will be engulfed with darkness. I should proceed to my last target. Before I entered my 10th building, I refreshed myself first since the last time I retouched my makeup was this morning. I put some foundation and reddened my lips. I looked better now. I sauntered to the middle-aged woman, she has a pleasant face and I didn't hesitate to approach her. I said my greetings first.

"Do you have any job vacancies for students like me? For an intern perhaps?"

She gave me her sweetest smile.

"Just give me a minute, okay?"

I nodded courteously as she dialed the numbers in the telephone. While I was waiting, I have decided to roam my gaze to this establishment. Like any other buildings I have been to, it was luxurious. The lobby will give you vibes of art galleries. There were 10 abstract paintings hanged in the walls, while wooden sculptures centered the whole floor. My cheeks reddened when I saw a peculiar figure, it was a nude man opening both of his arms to his sides.

A big letter H was displayed in the front door; I was wondering why I didn't notice that when I entered.

"H Corporation," I read.

The letter was encircled by green broken lines. The front attendant caught my attention.

"Take the elevator, he is already waiting for you in the top floor."

I frowned. This was the first time someone will interview me coming from the top floor. That was odd since only the CEO and other big bosses were staying in the highest floor.

Still skeptical, I entered in the elevator and pushed the top button. My hands were shivering, the thought that a boss will make my interview made me feel anxious. I practiced my breathing exercises to calm myself, whoever was waiting for me in the top floor, I promised that I will give my best shot to earn this job. When the door was opened, a big wooden door greeted me. I don't have any idea what to do next, should I knock or this thing will just open on its own. I was about to raise my right hand and formed it into a fist when someone interrupted me.

"You don't have to knock. You are wasting my time already." I jumped in surprise when I heard a deep and strong voice coming from the speaker in the left side of the door.

I slowly took the lump in my throat. I surely did a bad impression to him. I blew a quick breath and pushed the door.

I was stunned.

I become stiffed.

I froze.

My lips dried when I realized who was the man sitting behind that high black chair. I obliviously licked my lips to prevent it from drying.

"Is that how you will get your job? You are trying to seduce your employer?" Niccolo said and I reddened.

•••

A/N: Please vote. Lots of love 😍💕❤, next?