Chapter 13

Victonara's

It was 6:00 in the morning and I was staring at myself in my wide curved mirror. The dark circles around my bloodshot eyes were palpable, good thing I could hide it with my concealer. I was still stunned about what happened last night, after he has his moment, he stood up not looking at me.

"Don't bring this to your work, I want you to be early tomorrow," he said, his tone was unreadable and stormed out from my unit.

I wanted to curse at him and scream, but I was afraid to do that. After what he had done, he wanted me not to bring this to my work? I groaned in frustration.

I knew that his outburst must be something related to what he has mumbled when he was on the floor.

'S-he did it again... She did it again... She did it again!!!'

I don't know who he was referring to that SHE and I was not keen to unravel that mystery girl. After that event, I have spent one hour for cleaning up his mess. I was just thankful that those stuff he broke weren't mine, it was probably from his old stuff.

My gaze lowered to my lips, last night, before I decided to go back to my bed, I tasted rust in my mouth. I was wounded from his kiss. I cleaned it up and applied some cotton to cease the bleeding. There was no blood anymore, I could clearly see the tiny cut in my lower left lip, it was a bit swollen but I was sure I could hide it with my red lipstick.

***

I sauntered towards the front attendant and greeted her.

"Good Morning, Miss Quins. You took my advice seriously," she said, grinning.

Shouldn't I? I was bemused by her words so as her reaction. Perhaps she was pulling my legs and I settled for a half smile.

"It was a joke." She giggled.

This girl must be a psychic or something, she can read my mind.

"I'm sorry, I was just nervous," I told her as I smiled, scratching my nape.

"You don't have to. Relax. This job won't kill you, I promised." She winked at me from her seat.

"Oh, By the way..." She halted from her sentence as she jolted out from her table.

"My name is Evangeline." She grinned offering her right hand to me, I accepted it. "But people call me with my moniker, Sister Eve. Do you wanna know why?" she whispered, covering her lips with her manicured nails. She laughed when I stared at her for a moment.

"I can't believe I'm saying this to you," she said as she controlled her laughter. "I-It was because, I'm a spinster."

I stared at her, deadpanned from her statement.

"You're not laughing?" she asked, full of bewilderment.

"Why would I? There's nothing to laugh, right?" I replied, confused by my reaction as well.

She exhaled and eyed me like she was telling me, I can't be serious.

"Victonara, loosen up your muscles in your body, you take everything seriously. Look, you're too young, sweetheart. Bent your lips, slant these eyes more often, I know you don't want to end up like me." She laughed when she spilled her last sentence.

Maybe she was right, maybe I was too caught up with my life and forgot how to relax. I joined her laughs later on, who wouldn't? Her laughter was very contagious.

"I think you know my name already, you can call me Ara," I said sheepishly.

"Thank god, Ara is much better, I'm not really a fan of long names," she mumbled.