Chapter 2

🎸A few weeks later🎸
The last couple of weeks have been hard, I had to help plan a small funeral for my parents, and help sell our house. In my parents will they made it very clear that If anything were to happen to them they wanted the Presley's to take care of me. So I moved in with them and took the guest room. I've been a complete reck, I mostly stay in my room or Elvis'. I haven't gone to school or talked to Tim since my parents died. Tim had tried to call a couple of times but I don't want to talk to anyone, so Gladys will make up some excuse about me being asleep or out. Elvis still goes to school, so he brings me my homework and tries his best to explain how to do it. He had been so sweet to me, he makes sure that I eat and at least get some fresh air. He promised he would take care of me, and when Elvis makes a promise he keeps it.
Gladys is making me go to school today, she says I've had my grieving time and now I have to go back. I don't want to go back because everyone at school knows about my parents and I'm going to have to hear the "I'm sorry your parent died and how sad it must be to lose them" speech from everyone. I put my hair up in a ponytail, put on a yellow dress and applied a small amount of makeup. I went downstairs and sat at the table, Elvis was stuffing his face full of bacon and eggs. "Morning Honey !" Gladys said and placed a plate full of food in front of me.
"Morning." I mumbled, and looked at the plate.
"Come on Satnin you got to eat, we have to leave soon." Elvis said with a mouth full, I rolled my eyes and slowly started eating. Elvis are his whole plate as I picked at mine, when Gladys wasn't looking I snuck some food onto Elvis'. When we were finished we said bye to Gladys and started walking to school. Elvis walked with his arm around my shoulder, it made me fell better knowing he was always there for me. We got to school and went straight to class, people gave me sad looks all day. All my teachers tried to excuse me from the work but I didn't want any special treatment, I wanted them to treat me like they normally would. In my math class people kept apologizing and asking if I was ok, it was starting to get annoying so I went to the bathroom. As past the boys bathroom Elvis came running out, Red west came out right after. That's weird I've never seen them together before.
"Elvis!" I shouted, he turned to me "what's wrong?"
"Nothing! What are you going out of class?" He asked angrily.
"I'm going to the bathroom! Why are you upset?"
"It's nothing don't worry about it." He said and stormed away. I turned to Red
"What happened? Is he ok?" I asked
"Tim Lockwood and his friends cornered him and tried to cut his hair, I got them away from him." He said
"How could Tim do this? Elvis is my best friend." I said just as Tim and his friends walked out of the bathroom. I walked over to Tim. "What the hell is wrong with you? Why are you messing with Elvis he didn't do anything to you!" He looked down at me and rolled his eyes.
"Didn't do anything to me? How about the fact that he is stealing you from me!"
"What are you talking about?"
"He doesn't leave you alone, he is always around you, he brought you to his room where you two slept together! He needed to be taught a lesson!" He yelled at me
"We didn't do anything! He is my best friend and he was comforting me because my parents just died!"
"I tried to call you because I wanted to comfort you! But you didn't answer me! You didn't even say bye and thanks for the date!"
"Are you kidding me? I was in the middle of crying my eyes out! You are the biggest jerk in the world! Stay away from me and from Elvis!" I yelled and chased after Elvis. I found him leaning up against a tree. "Elvis." I said standing in front of him. "Red told me what happened, Tim is a jerk, I broke things off with him."
"You didn't have to do that Emily, you've had a crush on him forever."
"But you are my best friend and if someone disrespects you they disrespect me, I don't care who they are." I smiled at him.
"Thanks satnin." He pulled me into a hug, I ran my hand up and down his back.
"Get a room you freaks!" Tim yelled from behind us, I turned around
"Go away Tim!" I yelled
"Make me you bitch! Leave me for him!" He yelled, that woke up Elvis' temper.
"Don't talk to her like that!" He yelled and started walking towards Tim, I ran in front of Elvis and tried to hold him back.
"Elvis don't, he's not worth it." I whispered
"Yeah listen to the little bitch! I'm sure your mamma wouldn't like her little baby getting into a fight." Tim laughed
"Don't talk about my mamma and don't talk about Emily like that or I will kill you." Elvis angrily said.
"Oh and what are you going to do about it? Beat me up with your guitar? Go home, sleep with Emily and sing her to sleep! No one cares about her anyways now that her parents are dead!" Tim laughed again, this time I was mad, I ran over and punched him right in the face. He held his face and groaned. "You stupid bitch!" He yelled, Elvis was getting more mad, I looked over at him and shook my head.
"Go for it E" Elvis went over and started punching Tim, he got him to the ground and kept hitting him, he finally had enough and got up.
"Don't you ever talk about my best friend like that again! Now come on Emily let's go." He walked over and took my hand pulling me away. Once we were out of sight of the guys I stopped Elvis.
"Thank you for standing up for me. But if your mamma finds out she is going to be mad."
"She ain't going to find out."
"Yes she will, you have blood all over your hands and clothes." I said looking at his bloodied knuckles. "Come on let's go clean you up at the diner." I took his hand and walked to our favorite diner. He sat down at a table in the corner while went into the bathroom to get towels to clean him up. When I got back he had already ordered us milk shakes.
"Here let me see your hands." He put his hands up and I cleaned them up.
"Satnin do you think my singing is stupid?" He asked randomly, I stopped what I was doing and looked at him.
"What? No I love your singing, you know that."
"I know but everyone else makes fun of me for it." He said quietly
"Elvis Aaron Presley you are an amazing singer! Don't you dare listen
To what those boys say, they are just jealous they don't have any talent! You are going to do great things one day with that voice of yours. In 10 years those boys will be stuck doing some Crappy job while you are out selling records and making history." I said looking him in the eye.
"You really think so?" He asked smiling
"I know so"
"And what will you be doing?"
"I don't know, probably following you around who knows though you may not need me then."
"I'm always going to need you. I promised that I will take care of you no matter what." He smiled
"I know Elvis, and you never break your promises."
................................................................
Author's note: thank you for reading I hope you enjoyed this chapter!