Chapter 3

🎸Summer 1953🎸
   Elvis and I sat by a tree in front of the house, the Memphis heat drained us. "Ugh it's so hot out here." Elvis groaned.
"Stop complaining, at least you can take your shirt off, I have to sweat through this stupid dress." I mumbled. We sat there in silence for a while until Elvis shot up on his feet.
"I have an idea! Let's go to the creek like we used to do when we were little!"
"Elvis we are too old to go hang out by the creek."
"Who cares how old we are, it's hot outside and we are bored out of our minds. Come on please" he begged, I sighed.
"Fine"
"Yay! Now come on let's get our suits!" He ran into the house, I slowly got up and walked to the house. When I got there Elvis was already in his room changing into his swimming trunks. I went to my room and changed into mine. It was a red one piece with white polka dots. Elvis knocked on my door
"Are you ready yet?" He whined
"Yes" I walked out to see a shirtless Elvis in short trunks, he looked down at me and quickly looked up. What was that all about? He had never looked at me like that.
"I grabbed you a towel, now come on!" He grabbed my hand and pulled me out the door. We got our bikes and rode to the creek. When we got to the creek there weren't a lot of kids surprisingly so we laid out bikes down and stood by the water.
"Remember when we first came here and you were scared to jump into the water so I had to push you." Elvis laughed.
"It wasn't funny Elvis, I was terrified."
"Come on it was funny, admit it!" He laughed even harder, I snuck behind him and pushed him.
"Not so funny n-" he grabbed my arm as he fell pulling me with him. "Elvis!" I yelled when I floated back up. He was laughing again.
"That was even better!" I splashed him, he splashed back, the kids that were in the water started splashing us too, it turned into a full out splash war. I was surrounded by a group of boys who kept splashing me, Elvis swam over and saved me. We got out of the water and sat in the sun.
"I forgot how much fun we used to have here." Elvis said.
"There's so many memories, remember when my dad built that swing over there and we would see who could jump off the farthest. Or when you snuck off with Betty and I caught you kissing her, you were so embarrassed." I laughed.
"Be nice that was my first kiss, and you ruined it. Everything was going perfectly until you and your big mouth showed up."
"What was the kiss like?" I asked
"Like any other first kiss, I'm sure it was just like your first kiss." He said
"Oh yeah right, I'm sure." I said quickly, I turned red, he looked at me his eyebrow was raised.
"You have had your first kiss right?" He asked
"Yeah of course I have." I quickly said
"Oh my gosh you haven't!" He yelled
"Yes I have!"
"With who?"
"Um it was uh-" I stumbled trying to think of a name
"Emily! You are 18 and you haven't had your first kiss yet?" He asked shocked
"Who would have kissed? Every boy in this town thinks you and I are together!" I said embarrassed.
"But you went out with Tim, I thought for sure he would have kissed you!"
"Don't you remember I went out with him the night my parents died, he was going to kiss me goodnight but the officers were there." I said quietly.
"Oh I forgot, I'm so sorry Satnin. But I'm glad that your first kiss wasn't with Tim, he wouldn't have been worthy of your first kiss." He pulled me into a hug and kissed my forehead. We sat on the ground and just watched the water and the kids running around.
"I'm hungry, let's go get food, here I brought you a dress to put over your suit." He said and threw me a pink summer dress, I put it on and got on my bike. We went to the diner and got dinner, Elvis told me about how he wanted to record a few songs to give to him mamma. When we were done eating we rode out bikes around for a while until it started getting dark outside. We rode home and dropped out bikes in the yard and walked to the front door.
"Wait um Emily before you go in, I wanted to do this." He grabbed my chin so I was facing him and pushed some hair behind my ear. I was so confused on what was happening, he started leaning closer to me, my heart raced. Before I knew it his lips were on mine, he was kissing me. He put his hands on my waist and pulled me closer to him, I wrapped my hands around his neck and started kissing him back. He pulled away and smiled at me. "Every girl deserves to have a good first kiss with someone who isn't going to break your heart. You know I will never hurt you because I am your best friend and will always be there for you." I just stared at him, he kissed my forehead. "Goodnight Satnin" he walked into the house, I stayed outside. What in the world just happened? Elvis just kissed me and I couldn't stop thinking about how I wanted him to do it again.

                                🎸LA 1956🎸
    Elvis did exactly what I thought we would, become a famous singer. He has sold a ton of records, sold out concerts and is even acting in his first movie, Love me Tender. Elvis also kept his promise about taking care of me, he brings with with him everywhere he goes. I feel bad, he is doing so well and I don't do anything but follow him around, so I told him to make me his assistant. I get him whatever he needs on set, at home or at concerts. I am in contact with his manager, the Colonel, a lot to make sure that I know where Elvis needs to be at certain times. The Colonel is actually really nice to me, he appreciates my help and so does Elvis.
    Ever since Elvis kissed me a few years ago I started seeing what all the girls were seeing in him. He was so handsome, sweet and charming, I developed a little bit of a crush on him. I try to tell my self not to fall for him because he is my best friend and he only sees me as his best friend. But I just fall harder and harder.
Today Elvis is going to be on the Ed Sullivan show, he had to shoot it from LA because he is in the middle of filming. I sat behind the camera and watched him sing. He always seems so comfortable on stage, he just lets the music control him and gets lost in it. When he was done singing it was time to go back to the hotel. Elvis doesn't like to be alone in his hotel room so he always had me stay with him. I act like it doesn't bother me but really it drives me crazy because all I want to do is lay in bed with him and have him hold me in his arms. We got up to the room and he unlocked it, inside sitting on the bed was Anita Wood, Elvis' girlfriend. He ran over and hugged her, she smiled over at me. I smiled back even though it broke my heart to see them together. I knew the drill, if one of Elvis' girls showed up at the the hotel I had to stay with Red.
"It was nice to see you again Anita, Elvis I'll talk to you later, I'm going to go to bed." I waved and walked over to Red's room, I knocked and he opened the door.
"Anita is here uh?" He asked
"Yep." I sighed
"Well come on in, make yourself comfortable." He said, I walked in and sat on the bed. After Red helped Elvis back in high school they became friends and Elvis hired him to help him out with writing songs and security. Red mostly watched out for me when I needed it, so we have become close friends as well.
"Well I'm going to go to sleep, which bed is mine?" I asked.
"You can't go to bed, Elvis wants to go out tonight and you know he doesn't like to leave you alone." He said, I rolled my eyes.
"I don't care, I am an adult, I can take care of myself, I don't need Elvis telling me what I have to do." I said angrily and laid down on the bed. Elvis is going to be mad at me but I really don't care, I don't feel like watching Elvis and Anita fondle over each other all night.