Chapter seventeen

Tris POV:

I feel so sleep deprived, I have no energy left. I feel like I can't move. Peeta gets up and starts walking around, looking for any intruders. He rests when he finds there isn't any. "I think we should get moving to the beach," he says. We all nod in agreement. "I want to wash first," me and Katniss both say. Me, Katniss and Peeta move to get washed whilst Four stands next to the tree getting water for his quenching thirst.
After cleaning myself, I stand up straight and see monkeys surrounding us, I nudge Katniss and we both move slowly to get out weapons. "Four, get your sword and come over here quietly but quickly. We need to move."  I say in a whisper. As soon as he gets to us the monkeys advance on our group. We all start to fight them off. Peeta and Katniss allow me and Four to leave first, more monkeys surround us. Out of nowhere Prim and Caleb come out from a tree. Caleb gets killed first but Prim gets it worse, a monkey bites at her throat. Me and Four carry her to the beach, Katniss and Peeta follow us. Four and I take her into the sea to try and help her, the sun slowly beginning to set, that took longer than I thought. "Hey look, look at the sky. Isn't it beautiful." Four says to her softly. Her body stiffens and I know that she's dead I hold back a sob as the cannon goes off. Marking her death to the arena. Four let's go off her and let's her float in the sea, a helicopter crane collects the body." She sacraficed herself." He says.
"That's what you think?"
"It certainly looked that way."
"But why?" I ask curious, something isn't right with this. Four shrugs and walks back towards the sand. I watch the helicopter fly off before I head back to the beach. I hug Four and cry into his shoulder. I know these games are about death but I was hoping to avoid it as much as possible. I had done so well up until now.

Word Count: 356