Recruitment

Chapter 1
Alex's POV-
As I walked into the interrogation room for military recruitment I felt nervous. I could tell I probably wasn't going to get in, but there's still a chance.

"Hello Miss Carlson, how are you today?" He questioned firmly, not expressing a single emotion. I know that look, because I can babe emotionless; I taught myself not to show emotions because of my abusive father.
"It's just Alex or Lex and I'm fine," I leant forward; putting my elbows on the cold metal table "how are you feeling sir?" He smirked and nodded his head, it didn't catch me off guard like it would've others, he's genuinely impressed. I learnt how to read emotions with my father as well-

Flashback-
"You  fucking piece of shit!" A kick to the stomach. I looked up tears threatening to spill "WH-what did I do daddy??" I was eight when it started; when mummy left.
"She left because of you!" Picked up by the collar of my shirt, "N-no!" I was so confused "She just went to work like she always does daddy!" I said with a small smile. "She's gone for good! You little Bitch! Shut your mouth!" A slap, a punch, a kick anything you name it
Flashback over-

"Alright I guess." He said back to that emotionless look while cocking an eyebrow. " you want to go into military; what inspire you?" I snorted and he looked pointedly at me "Sir, I want in military because I wanted to try something new-" I leant forward again a bit closer to him now, curiosity written all over his body language, "because I don't want to be the piece of shit my father made me out to be." I said bluntly keeping all emotions off my face, expressionless they call it.

He laughed after all the questions, everyone answered bluntly "I got one more question. Off the record" I cocked an eyebrow "what was your home life like?" I visibly shuddered; but I covered it up with a cocked eyebrow and a smirk "abusive; verbal, physical, sexual, you name it" He looked pained for a second and didn't hide it, he reached across and took my hand. I gasped but covered it up with a cough "I'm truely sorry, I had the same up bringing; but is wasn't sexually abusive" I laughed, he was confused and I said something that shocked him "oh I know. I could tell by the emotionless way you act and talk only people with either great training or a shit up bringing. It's quite funny; I could tell you've been interested by your body language. Got to hide that, might save/take your life one day." He was shocked, he smirked and the words I let my shock show for were "Captain Alex Carlson. Welcome to the team" I was shook.

"Everyone welcome your captain." All the men and women cheered and whooped none groaned; this was the best day ever.

"Yo! Cap! What we call ya?!" I heard someone call out, I smirked and told them my nickname "Lex. Just call me Lex or Captain Lex" everyone wolf whistled as I announced it and 'Lex' was chanted through out the whole cabin. "You. What's your name? Your military and you just made me your captain." He laughed and said "Colonel Mitchells." And from then on I learned everyone's names. 'Sam Munts'; 'Kat (Kathryne) Burns'; 'Stacky (Stacy) Black'; 'Dwayne Hicks (see what I did there peeps)'; 'Guarbsey (Marcey Guarbeisa)'; 'Mark Guarbeisa (Marcey's Tein)' and of course 'Lex Carlson'

This was my team! My team. I'm happy,  shocked, excited and unaware of the journey ahead.