I will get stronger... - Chapter 2

I took a deep breath and entered the room.

     Everybody was talking with each other, like they've known each other since birth. I shifted uncomfortably since I didn't know where to sit.

     Everyone looked at me. "Hey Tigerkid! Bruh, who picked your name?" A mixed, curly haired girl asked me with mock in her tone. You'd think she was boy because of her clothing and deep voice.

     "Pfft! Tigerkid? I feel bad for you fried rice!" Another mixed girl said snickering. Just about everyone in the class started to snicker and laugh. I felt my face heat up in embarrassment. Then a short, brown haired lady walked in.

     "Hello everybody. Welcome to another year 8 Arts!" She said with a little sarcasm as she smiled and walked to her class. She looked at me and then smiled. "You must be..." She began and looked at her list of students. She immediately looked at a name and I could tell she wanted to laugh. "Tigerkid. You're next to Olivia. Olivia, please raise your hand real quick." She said straightforward.

     A mixed girl with a soft smile raised her hand and I walked over to the empty seat next to her. I sat down and took off my backpack. I already put my skateboard in my small locker in the hallway. I crossed my arms and looked at the table I was sitting at sheepishly as if to hide my face.

     "So, this is a new year everybody-" Mrs. Smith I presumed, said optimistically. "Yeah guys! Its a new year" A tiny white boy said in an annoying high voice as he did some stupid face. "Logan shut up!" The mixed girl from before said in a laughing tone with a huge smile. "Ok ok! God Jaydah!" Logan said in his weird tone.

     The teacher rolled her eyes. The class went pretty loudly, as the other teens would continuously talk over the teacher. There is no WAY they're gonna last through high school. I did make a friend in my class named Shayna. Turns out, she came to the Arts in 4th grade, like I was supposed to before I was moved to a different foster home. She got in for singing just like me as well. Of course, I was technically able to go into the high academic half of the school as well.

     When I got home, I still felt humiliated and left out since everyone knew each other.

     As I skateboarded home, I felt like someone was following me. I turned my head and looked back only to see myself skate into the curbside. I yelped as I tripped and slammed into the jagged sidewalk. I felt tears come to my eyes, stinging as I hissed in pain as I tried to sit up.

     My jeans were torn and you could see the blood flow from my scrape. The rip in my jeans were the thing that concerned me though, because the rip went up my thigh to where you could see my embarrassing Care Bears boxers that my brother Dewdrop got for me as a gag gift.

     I heard laughing and my head snapped behind me with wide eyes as a few kids in my homeroom skateboarded over to me. I tried to stand up but cried in pain as I fell back down shakily.

     "Aww! The poor Tigey Wigey got hurt! Are you ok little baby?" The tall dark boy in my class, Jahlil I think, asked me, making my cheeks burn with embarrassment.

     "Sh-Shutup." I hissed with narrow eyes. I stood up, my knee stinging and burning, bringing tears to my eyes. "Oh look! He's about to cry! The wittle care bear baby's gonna cwy for his mommy and daddy!" The short white boy Logan said with mockery.

     My eyes went wide, his comment hitting me like a bullet to my heart. I felt tears unwillingly well up in my eyes making them smirk.

     "Aw! Poor wittle itty bitty baby needs his diapy changed! Oh mommy! Daddy! I'm gonna cwy!" The mixed girl Brooklyn said. I then heard a angry "GET THE HELL AWAY FROM MY BROTHER!" from behind me.

     The kids in front of me go wide eyed and skateboarded away. Once they were away, I whimpered and held back a sob as I stifled the urge to bawl in the middle of the street. My brothers ran to me, Rutus and Dewdrop checking for wounds.

"They... Said something about mom and dad didn't they..." Dewdrop asked. More tears welled up in my eyes but I quickly pushed them back and wiped my face with my sleeve. "Nah." I tried to say with a cocky attitude, but it only came out as watery, a tear rolling down my cheek.

     "Come on, you're tougher than that. You're fine." Rutus said roughly, making me cringe. "Shut the fuck up Rutus!" Dew snapped at him, making Rutus shrug and walk back towards home.

     Dewdrop put his hand on my cheek, wiping the tear from my cheek with his thumb with a warm smile like mom used to. "There there Tie... No one's gonna hurt you like that anywhere near me... Got that?" He asked softly, looking deeply into my dark eyes.

     I sniffed and nodded softly smiling a little at my brother. He smiled and threw me over his shoulder. "H-Hey! Dewdrop put me down!" I exclaimed laughing. He laughed and set me down, and walked me home, his arm over my shoulder.

     When we got home, and I was finally alone in my room, a grave frown plastered onto my face. I changed into a similar pair of jeans and looked into the mirror.

I'm so weak... But I promise... I will get stronger...
-------------------------------------------

A/N: Thank you guys do much for reading this! I'm really sorry for not updating in a while, I've been really busy with TECHS and babysitting. I promise, I'm trying to update more often. Also, I should probably mention that all of this is based on my real life... The bullying characteristics were based off of my old school in 7th grade. But the people and school are based off of my school this past year for 8th grade. Thx again for reading this chapter!

-Fan Girl, out!