10

"this is going to be your first and only project for the year," Mrs. Min says, passing out a packet, "You will be working in pairs and I will allow you to choose your own partner for the sake of chemistry,"

Yoongi took a side glance at Jimin who sat in the back row with Taehyung. Taehyung fixated his gaze on Jimin so Yoongi already knew that he wasn't going to be working with Jimin.

"You may situate who you want to be with and tell me at the end of class,"

"Hoseok-ah," Yoongi said, beckoning him over to him, "Do you want to do the project with me?" Hoseok nods, but gave him an unsure look, "Sure, but... I thought you'd do it with Jimin,"

"I would but, y'know...," he motioned subtly toward the two. The younger hums in response. "I was thinking of doing something that had to do with a more electronic sound, something you could dance to. We could video tape and Jungkook could help edit it and shoot it."

*How do you pull out ideas like this out of your head so easily?" Hoseok said, writing down the idea, "I can choreograph it easily. I'm not top of my class for nothing."

"Okay then, Mr. Top Class Dancer. I'll turn this in to my mom." Yoongi got up to Mrs. Min's desk. "Mrs. Min, I chose my partner," Yoongi says, handing an index card to her. "Mr. Jung? Mr. Min, I can't allow it. He tends to slack of in this class and that will be detrimental to your grade."

"Mo- Mrs. Min, Mr. Jung will do all he can to contribute to the project. I promise that I won't be doing all of the work." Yoongi insisted.

Mrs. Min sighed and nodded, "You better be sure about that,"

× × ×

"Jimin, do you want to the project with me?" Taehyung asks. "Sure," Jimin smiled at the boy. He glanced at Yoongi who beckoned Hoseok over to him.

"He didn't even consider me...," He thought to himself. He shook off the thought. "I'll do the work, Tae. I have an idea and I'll just tell Mrs. Min that you composed it, okay?" Without any protest, Jimin was allowed to hand in the index card with their names on it.

He wanted to write to Yoongi but he knew little about music theory. The little that Mrs. Min taught and what he heard from Yoongi wasn't sufficient.

He needed some help.

"Namjoon-ssi!" Jimin ran down the hallway towards his locker, "I need help with the project for music. Can you help me?"

"Aren't you working with Yoongi?"

There was that question again. "No, I'm not, pretty please?" Jimin was probably about to go on his knees and bow down if Namjoon didn't speak quicker than he did.

"Okay, okay, how about I bring you to the recording studio my dad owns after school. I don't think he would mind, plus Tae and I can drop you home." Namjoon agrees. "Oh, thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" Jimin squeezes a hug into Namjoon before sprinting off to his next class.