13

"Yoongi," his father called to him interrupting Yoongi's practice session. The black haired boy looked up at him to see his dad. "I don't have any mon-"

"I'm not asking you for any," he says, shaking his head, motioning for Yoongi to move over on his bench so he could sit next to his son. "You look sick, Yoongi," Yoonjin turned to Yoongi. "What do you mean? I'm completely fine, Dad."

"Don't lie to me, Yoongi. I've raised you. I know when you're lying." Yoonjin insists. Yoongi huffed, knowing it was true. He cast his eyes away from his father and said, "It's just a cold,"

"Yoongi-"

"Okay, okay..., I think I have hanahaki disease," Yoongi confesses. "You mean, that love disease that everyone in highschool's getting nowadays?" The father asks which Yoongi hums in response.

Yoongi plays with his fingers anxiously as a silence arises. "How about your old man takes you to the doctor tomorrow?" Yoonjin asks, his son looked a bit shocked, "But Mom-"

"Shh, your mother will be more than thrilled to hear that I'm taking time to do things with you. We'll just say that we're just going to have 'father-son bonding time'. " He hushed him, "Forget about the money for once," Yoongi didn't quite want to give into the gambler's intentions but nonetheless he obliged.

"I'll be going out for a few hours, I'll be home before your mom is," Yoonjin got up from the piano bench, leaving the boy to play.

Yoongi began the piece he had titled, "Jamais Vu", sheepishly muttering the words he had written for the song. He was supposed to sing - as a surprise - at the recital. He didn't have much confidence in his voice but he tried. It was hard to sing and play simultaneously and he knew that the entertainment companies that would be present at the hall would be looking for more than just a person who could play a simple song.

He was scared; frightened even. He had debuted in the world as a rapper but rapping took a lot more energy and it wasn't as easy as his lungs were deteriorating. It made him feel weak.

× × ×

"

This song is way to good for a simple project," Jungkook gaped, replaying the audio track for the twentieth time. The three boys were sitting on the floor of Hoseok's dance studio that he often practiced in. Yoongi had his laptop plugged into the wall and he was showing the song he had produced. "Our hyung is talented," Hoseok patted Yoongi on the back, "How long did this take you?"

"I've been preparing it for a long time. It's been in my files just collecting dust for the past few months." Yoongi says, handing Hoseok the lyrics for him to scan over it. "I think I can build a choreography around this. It has a lot of emphasis on the beats and stuff which is something I can use to my advantage." he says, reading the lyrics to himself.

"This is so cool!" Jungkook praises, once again, flashing his teeth as he smiles. Yoongi shook his head at the younger who wouldn't stop feeding him compliments. "I'll try something right now, yeah?" Hoseok says, setting down the lyrics for Jungkook to eat up.

Yoongi watched how Hoseok moved, the three of them were truly talented and he was exhibit B. His hip hop class has certainly been paying off. The way he let himself go loose like that and yet how he had so much control was mind-boggling to Yoongi. His flexibility when he raised up his foot in the midst of moving so quickly had made him look like he was possessed. The love that he had been representing in the song was so strong it was taking over him.

After a few hours, Hoseok had made a much more structured choreography and Jungkook was eager to shoot the video so he shot a practice video.

"I have an idea where we can shoot this video. Hobi-Hyung, get in the car, we're going to the park." Jungkook fixed his glasses before standing up and grabbing his camera. "The park?" Hoseok asks confused. "Don't question Kook, he probably has some has some idea that we haven't thought of," Yoongi closes his laptop and puts it back in his backpack along with the rest of his things.

Hoseok got into the driver's seat, Yoongi in the passenger's and Jungkook in the middle of the backseat. "I know this one part we can take the video! Trust me!" Jungkook clutches onto his camera, barely keeping still in his seat.

Once they got to the park, Jungkook almost flew out of the car. "It's getting a bit dark so this is perfect!" The bunny boy exclaims, overwhelming the others with is energy. He took Hoseok's hand with Yoongi trailing behind them to the underground tunnel like place. There was a small room that was covered with graffiti and with the manhole above letting the light from above seep in, it gave the red head an eery feeling.

"Woah...," Hoseok gaped. "It's perfect, right?" Jungkook says, adjusting his camera, "Let's get this video done. The earlier we are the less mad my mom will be for me being late for dinner."

Hoseok kneeled on the ground and got ready for the music to start. Yoongi hit the play button and Jungkook positioned himself.

After a few tries, they had gotten it right. Since the choreography was built so recently, Hoseok wasn't at the height of his ability to perform it and that came with struggles. "Okay, we're done!" Jungkook exclaims, shutting off his camera. By the time, they were done it was dark out. Yoongi felt a queasy feeling as he was packing up. "You, guys, go warm up the car. I'll be right behind you." He told the two younger boys. "Alright," Hoseok says, wiping sweat from off his head.

That's when Yoongi couldn't really take it anymore. He doubled over and threw up in a nearby trashcan, sputtering and gasping as he chased after his breath. Min felt unusally sick today. He brought all of his strength together just to act like he was okay in front of Hoseok and Jungkook when he got to Hoseok's car.

Thank God that Jungkook had taken the front seat because he didn't know how long he could keep up his act.

Yet again, he didn't know when he was going to succumb to all of this either.

× × ×

i would like to say thank you to my literal one reader, my friend, nottoday_satin

follow her on insta and tik tok or perish