Chapter 34: Gold Dust (Part 3)

Lauren POV

   Ben? I heard that name somewhere but the question was where had I heard that name before. I glanced at Ally, ushering her towards me with my eyes, and she immediately got the message. Ignoring the glare Camila had sent our way, Ally wheeled me as quick as she could, away from the crowd of people that were following Wilma; away from the girls and an irritated Camila. She had already started vigorously whispering in my ear.

"Bryce." I quivered at the mention of his name, breathing heavily to avoid his face coming to mind.

"I told you, didn't I?" I said coolly, folding my arms as we were heading towards an open lift.

"I know you did." Ally admitted. 'But I didn't know he was that serious!' I shook my head angrily as Ally wheeled me into the lift, directing us to the corner of the compacted area.

"And how the hell did she receive his gift?! And don't forget the card that I had received at the hospital as well." I took a deep breath in then out, closing my eyes in the process. 'Fuck me.' I cursed aloud, some heads turning to face me but I ignored them all. Avoiding Camila's bewildered glances she was sending me, I gave Ally a quick reassuring smile before keeping silent. This psycho was definitely serious and was definitely out to get me. But how was he doing it? He had used my parents to get the first message and flowers to my bedside but how had he managed to give that perverted doctor that note...

   "Candece." Ally muttered in my ear. 'Candece had been looking for Camila, to give her something, so that's probably how he's been getting around. But that still doesn't explain how you got that note in the hospital.' I nodded. He was using our fandom to get at us but it still didn't explain how that damn note had gotten to me. He was smart, yet intimidating. He wasn't joking, this guy was really seeking for revenge.

***

Camila POV

   The crowds exuberant yells filled our ears as a quite stocky Latina announced our arrival on stage, her words echoing throughout the stadium. It saddened me to know Lauren was not joining us on our final show which totally sucked. But I had to keep my head up and "forget the past" like Lauren kept mouthing off to me whenever I had tried to apologise to her. Dinah squeezed my hand as the dark haired lady kept booming into the microphone, pointing to our direction. I nodded at Dinah's direction. My poor Lauren, if only she could be the one standing next to me, squeezing my hand. But I had to be strong for her, as Wilma put it, be her morale. I couldn't give up, not now. Not ever.

"Please welcome to the stage, the beautiful girls of Fifth.... HARMONY!" I twisted my head, Lauren grinning towards my direction. Blowing her a quick kiss, which she had pretended to catch, the massive stage greeted me with open arms as the raucous noise escaping from our fans increased.

   Luck was on my side as I ran onto the stage, my feet firmly on the ground, standing upright. Smiling to myself, my microphone in my clutch, the music burst through the microphones making the crowd shout even louder.

"Hey guys!" We said into our microphones, a massive grin painted on our face. The others removed their microphones from their face but mine was still located there as my cue came up.

"I'm breaking down gonna start from scratch..." I sang, before putting the microphone down to my side. Another verse down then Lauren's bit came. I turned to face the girl who was perched in her dark wheelchair, her hair laying by her side. She put up a dark thumbs up before her arm retreating by her side. I grimaced before awkwardly swaying side to side, knowing Normani had finished doing Lauren's bit.

   The chorus drew nearer, my gaze focused on the cheering crowd.

"Miss movin' on!" We called into our microphone, skipping about. Our fans swayed their arms from side to side, their shouts still ringing in the arena.