Chapter 1

Neville's POV
September 1st, 1998

I couldn't believe the words coming out of Professor Flitwick's mouth at the start-of-term feast. Apparently, students, in years 5-7 will have to participate in an anonymous messaging program. My eyes scanned the staff table and noticed that all the professors and even Headmistress McGonagall had a gleam to their eyes and smirks on their faces. I ran my hand through my hair in frustration and started to play with the delicious food that I hadn't had the pleasure to eat yet.

After the final battle last year, the seventh year students were given the option to come back and finish their education. But this was just my luck, couldn't they have waited till next year? I don't think I've had a normal year since I started here. I wanted to spend my final year at Hogwarts focusing on my lessons and tending to my ever growing plants. Now I'll have to start writing to someone who probably hates this as much as I do.

As I swirled the peas on my plate with my fork, I got an uneasy feeling that I was being watched. I glanced up and silvery grey eyes were staring right back at me, before abruptly looking away. Why was Draco Malfoy staring at me? I shrugged and continued on with my thoughts, that is until I noticed the professors had started handing out the so-called messaging parchments.

"As the professors start handing out the parchments, keep in mind that you will have to complete the requirements tonight or face the consequences" the headmistress spoke with her thick Scottish accent "that being said, please enjoy the rest of your meal"

A parchment was suddenly placed in front of me and I frowned. Wondering who I'll have to talk to for the rest of the year. I picked it up and noticed that it looked just like a regular parchment. I quickly rolled it up and got up making my way towards the dormitory. It's been a long day...