Chapter 05

"One-Night With A Stranger"

[CHAPTER 05]

><><><><><><

Clint

I'M CURRENTLY at the conference meeting, sitting at the swivel chair while waiting for some of our company's investors, sponsors, board members, and stockholders to come. They are also surprised at my presence at kinamayan ako as greetings.

It's been almost a half of an hour, but my father's secretary is still not here. Where the hell is she? Alam ba niyang this is one of the most important day in the company?

I stood up and was about to ask someone when my phone rang in my pocket. Mabilis ko itong kinuha, excused myself out at lumabas ng conference room.

Incoming call...
Dad is calling
Accept | Decline

"Dad?"

"Son," He cleared his throat. "Are you at the meeting now?"

"Yes, dad." I glanced at my wrist watch. "We're about to start." I added.

"Great, just wait for my secretary to show up. I trust you, you can do it. Best of luck, young man. Bye." He simply said and ended the line.

"Dad—" I was about to ask him but he cut the line. Damn it! Where the hell is that woman? This is what I hate the most, lack of competence and always being late!

I was about to go back to the conference room nang may dumaang babae sa harapan ko. I called her out, at mabuti na lang lumingon ito and she smiled at me.

"Good morning, sir." She respond brightly, seems like a cheerful woman. "Are you the son of the CEO? I am Chelsea Dimatulac, an assistant department manager. It is my pleasure to finally meet you, Mr. Montero!" She added.

I just nodded and smiled. "It is also nice to meet you."

Ngumiti naman ito pabalik. "What can I do for you, sir?"

"Uhmm," Muli akong lumingon sa conference room at napahawak sa batok ko. "Have you seen my father's secretary? Hasn't she arrived yet?"

Kumunot ang noo niya. "You mean Meckelian po, sir?"

Tumango ako. "Yes."

So my father's secretary name is Meckelian. Sound pretty odd for a lady's name if you ask me.

"I haven't seen that person around this morning, sir. Baka na-late pong pumasok." She answered.

Napatango na lang ako dahil sa sinabi nito. "Great, thank you!" I replied bago kami bumalik sa conference room. I took my place at the swivel chair and let off a sigh. This is stressing me out, 'cause out of all employees here bakit ang secretary pa ni Dad pa ang inconvenient sa lahat.

That Meckelian, she already destroyed her first impression on me. Napahawak na lamang ako sa sentido, 'cause after my father's retirement, I'm going to take his place and find a new secretary as soon as possible.

After the room was filled with them, the meeting finally started. It seems like wala talagang balak na dumating ang secretary ni Dad, so I have no choice but to deliver the speech by myself.

After some few discussion, I stood up and took the portfolio and made my way to the stage. Nang makatungtong ako, I pulled a bright smile before starting my speech.