Chapter Three

Well. I obviously hadn't thought this through that well had I?

"Well. Right now, we don't have enough room for another person to stay," Kogie admitted. There goes one of the half-formed plans I was thinking on.

"Neither do I." Parv started scratching the back of his neck. The doorbell rang again, so Leo went to get it.

"Now the full party's here!" Leo smiled, walking back into the room. The guy who walked in after him was vaguely familiar.

Ha. Who am I kidding? It was that Tom Sparkly guy or whatever his name was.

"Oh. It's you." I quietly said, still feeling slightly embarrassed at the current situation.

"So, what's the problem here?" He brightly said, although you could tell he was slowly cottoning on to the atmosphere.

"I don't have anywhere to stay, and I don't have enough money for a hotel."

"We can't have her stay here, we still have those t-shirts filling the living room." Kogie looked up at the ginger sparkly guy or whatever his name was, slightly hopeful.

Hey! I'd only spoken to him for two minutes, do you really expect me to remember his name for the twenty minutes I'd been here?

"I could let her sleep on the sofa in my place." The ginger sequin-glitter dude said.

"It's better than nothing," I said, looking back at Leo and Kogie.

"Ok. Do you two know each other or shall I introduce you?"

"Yeah, she's Scarlett. I believe I told Parv about it."

"And you're..." I paused, trying to remember his name. "Tom... Captainsparklez?"

"Wrong guy." He laughed. "Just Sparkles*."

I half-heartedly laughed in response, and the kitchen fell silent, void of discussion topics.

"Do you want to sign those shirts?" Parv said, breaking the silence. The other three guys nodded, and walked through to the living room with him, leaving me in the kitchen. I sighed, leaning against the counter-top.

Hang on a second. Signing t-shirts. That's something that pretty big people do... Isn't it?

What's my brother been doing without me?

I walked over to the lounge door, popping my head through the door. They were, as expected, signing t-shirts and occasionally laughing at something one of them had said.

"Need any help?" I offered, breaking their train of thought.

"Well, if you'd like to fold the shirts back into the box that would save a lot of time."

So that's what I did. For the next hour I folded the freshly signed t-shirts and put them back into the box. Each one had a logo on it which said "Area 11." Sounds vaguely familiar, I think someone in my school back up in Scotland used to like them.

Yeah. I remember now. They were really excited for being allowed to travel down to Glasgow and see them live. They had to bring one of their parents though, but both of them clamoured to go.

I remember the day before they went. I remember how they were teasing me about having parents that would allow them to go to such events. I remember punching their face and breaking their nose, making them unable to go. I remember losing computer privileges for that month in the home I was at.

Ah. The good times.