𝟎𝟏

° ǝʇɐɯ ǝɯ ǝnb sɐʇıɹɐɔ ɐn⊥°《 𝖄𝖔𝖚𝖗 𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊 𝖐𝖎𝖑𝖑𝖘 𝖒𝖊 》

《 𝖄𝖔𝖚𝖗 𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊 𝖐𝖎𝖑𝖑𝖘 𝖒𝖊 》

ː 𝒴𝑜𝓊 𝒶𝓇𝑒 𝓂𝓎 𝒸𝒶𝓃𝓋𝒶𝓈, 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝒷𝓁𝑜𝑜𝒹 𝒾𝓈 𝓂𝓎 𝓅𝒶𝒾𝓃𝓉 ː
𝟷𝟸𝟶𝟼𝟷𝟽

㊀  𝔅𝔢𝔤𝔦𝔫  

ACT Ⅰ: VΣПI  VIDI  ΛMΛVI

"VΣПI VIDI ΛMΛVI": we came, we saw, we loved.

I think of this phrase a lot. My fingers brush over the white and black keys, delicately pressing down to produce a soulful tune. I stare down at the keys faking concentration when really I'm not focused on the piece I'm playing at all. It's raining outside, and my mind is focused on the rhythmic tapping of the rain against the window. Out of pure memory, I push down on the last few keys before lifting my hands up off of the grand sitting in front of me. Applause breaks in the room as I shift in my seat to get a look at all known faces I wish I hadn't known.

"What a talent you are Mirabelle, my dear, what an exquisite talent." Aunty Freya remarks and I let a soft smile pull up on my face. Pushing myself off of my seat, I advance towards the lounging area and give everyone my most elegant smile. "She plays the violin as well, would you bring that out, dearest?" My mother asks and I purse my lips slightly. "I would love to play for you Aunties, but my violin is currently in the custody of my instructor, it was in dire need of a refurbish." They nod to me knowingly before I put in a word of my appointments scheduled for the day. Aunty Freya beckons me for a kiss on the cheek and out of compulsion I do and then leave.

Amanda hands me an umbrella as I walk up to the front door, tells me to be careful, and insists I take Julien. She knows I won't, and we both exchange a discomforting yet knowing look before I leave. "Miss Mirabelle, it's raining-" I stop in my tracks before pulling my head towards Julien. He stands beside the Mercedes, umbrella held in hand. Julien's face is all wrinkled and he looks like death despite not being that old. Although his white hair is sparse, he still has it neatly combed and sitting on his mostly bald head. A scar runs up the side of his neck but it doesn't flatter him at all. I know there isn't a specific, heroic story behind the scar, all I know is that it doesn't add to his depleting charm. "I'm aware of that Julien. Have a good day."