IX

1K READS!!!!!! OH MY GOD IM SO EXCITED AND THANKFUL!!

ASJAHDJS IM ALSO KINDA SCARED PLS STOP READING THIS ITS CRINGY

ok enjoy chapter nine sweeties!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

The infirmary was quiet, save for the snoring of sick children and Madam Pomfrey's clicking heels against the marble floors

When Pansy and I burst into the large doors, we cause a bit of a rustle. If any kids didn't wake up to the doors being slammed open, they awoke to the sound of Pansy squawking about.

Unfortunately, I had to stay the night.

I wasn't sure what time it was. I know it's late, considering it was pitch black outside. I felt like I'd been laying there for hours. With nothing to do and nobody to talk to, save for Madam Pomfrey, it was quite boring.

Pansy attempted to persuade the healer to stay through the night, but she was ushered out the doors the moment the lights were turned off.

Pansy really made a big deal out of nothing. I thought, annoyed. Well, nothing new, at least.

I decided to finally close my eyes and attempt to sleep instead of purposely boring myself to death, which actually sounds kind of good right about now.

While I closed my eyes and slowly drifted to sleep, I thought about my mother and the song she used to sing me. There were no words, just humming. It was relaxing, and I've never forgotten the melody, even after all these years.

The soft lullaby repeated in my head while I imagined my mother beside me, helping me through these dark times.

~^~^~^~^~^~

I was eight years old.

My mother and father gave me a cat for Christmas this year.

It was a beautiful shade of black, and it had striking green eyes.

I loved that cat. I decided to name him Philip.

He kept me company when my friends and family weren't around.

He was my best friend.

~^~^~^~^~^~

I was 12 years old.

I was on my way home, as it was Christmas break.

I was very excited to see Philip again.