XI

Sorry it took a while to get this one started, I just needed some time to think about how I wanted to start/write this chapter.

also before I left for camp I said "I'm lesbian bruh" instead of "I'm leaving bruh" over text to my friend and she said "wow that's on brand" so yeah

Also, sorry if this format of the chapter (AKA the switching between the time from the last chapter and the present time) it's just kinda fun to write.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I cannot BELIEVE you missed class! You think just because I wasn't there, you could just run around the hallways and skip? No! You can't!"

"Pansy, listen-"

"No! You know what? I'm going to join that class! Fuck having a free period! You can't keep fucking skipping!"

"Pansy!"

"I'm gonna drag Blaise into this! Merlin, you're such an idiot!"

"HARRY KISSED ME!"

She did a double-take.

"What?"

~^~^~^~^~^~

I stared at Harry's back while he ran out of the dusty classroom. My eyes were widened in surprise, tears still spilling from them. My chest still fluttered with the same butterflies that were there when his lips were on mine. I was in a trance that stopped me from realizing what had just happened.

I watched the door swing shut.

The loud slam of the door made me jump.

~^~^~^~^~^~

"Harry- he.. kissed me."

Pansy stared at me with her mouth wide open. Her eyes looked as if they were about to pop out of their sockets. "Draco I- is that not a good thing? A great thing?!"

"I mean, with any other circumstances, yes. It would've been absolutely amazing!" I said, sarcasm dripping from my voice. "But unfortunately, it was after I threw a chair at him and then had a mental breakdown."

Her eyebrows furrowed as she processed what I said. And then she yelled, "YOU THREW A CHAIR-!"

"Shut up!" I interrupted. "Don't yell so loudly! And yes, I threw a chair." I spat out.

~^~^~^~^~^~

I came back to my senses after the door slammed. I almost instantly started panicking. Questions and assumptions ran through my mind faster and more jumbled than a professional seeker on a fancy expensive broom.

He hates me. Oh god, he just did that to see my reaction. He's gonna tell his friends. He's gonna tell the whole school. What if he- my thoughts got more depressing as the minutes went by.

The speed of my heartbeat increased rapidly as I suddenly was at a loss for breath. I picked myself up off the floor and stumbled to another desk chair.

My vision was becoming slightly impaired while tears started building up in my eyes again. I tripped over my own feet and caught myself on a desk-corner. I slumped down onto the chair that was with it.

~^~^~^~^~^~

Pansy frowned and closed her eyes for a moment. She seemed to be thinking about what to say next. "What happened?" She opened her eyes again and looked into mine. I awkwardly looked away.

"You're going to have to be more specific." I returned.

"Like.. explain it to me. What exactly happened after you threw the chair? And you said you had a mental breakdown?" She looked confused. Maybe concerned.

I sighed before speaking. "Well, after I threw the chair, tried to run out of the room but I hit a desk on the way to the door." I cringed at the thought of it. "That gave him enough time to get to me. After that, I kind-of just yelled at him, and then I uhm- I cried. A lot." I stammered at the end. Unfortunately, I don't think having pride would help my situation at all here.

"And then?" Pansy asked expectantly.

"He was trying to calm me down. He put his hands on my face and then he.. um.."

"C' mon, get it out!"

"He- he kissed me, then."

~^~^~^~^~^~

I held my head in my hands as I composed myself. I took several deep breaths, trying to normalize my breathing before Pansy comes to find me for our next class.

"Fuck.." I muttered under my breath. "What the hell just happened?"

I groaned while pushing the heels of my hands into my eyes. I slowly pushed myself out of the desk chair and make my way to the door. Before leaving the classroom, I glanced toward a small clock on the wall.

Pansy should be on her way to our next class right now. I panicked while pulling the door open.

I ran down the hallway, turned a corner and-

I was face to face with Pansy.

A wave of fear pulsed through me as she looked, infuriated, into my eyes. "I just walked by the classroom you should've been in. Everybody walked out except you." Pansy said very matter-of-factly. I took a breath. "So it's fancy seeing you here. Isn't your class, say, over there?" She pointed the way she came from.

I sighed, defeated. "You caught me."

~^~^~^~^~^~

"I do recall seeing him walk past me while I waited for you outside the class you weren't in" she glared.

I rolled my eyes. "Oh get over it, that's not what this is about," I muttered. She huffed and continued.

"He looked rather... red in the face. Panicked, maybe." She furrowed her eyebrows in thought. "That must be what it was about. But you came out way later. Did he just up and leave?"

"Yeah, he did exactly that." I snorted before continuing. "Fucking arsehole."

"Were you okay after that?"

"Not exactly. It took a while to get over the initial shock before I started panicking again."

"Are you okay now?" I glanced at her, a little annoyed. She looked genuinely concerned.

I groaned. "What is this, a therapy session? I'm not keen on talking about my feelings."

She elbowed me and rolled her eyes. "So you're fine?" I looked back over into her eyes and smiled a little.

"Yeah, I'm okay."

~^~^~^~^~^~