Ch3: Bright Dreams and A normal Day

Ruby's Pov

I couldn't sleep, at least, not tonight; not even my sleeping mask was any help. I mean it is pretty warm in the room, but not too warm where I wouldn't need the covers tonight, and not too cold where I couldn't wear my black tank top, and white sweat pants. Anyway, no matter how hard I tried, from shutting my eyes, tossing and turning. In the end. I just stared out my window, up at the night sky, watching the little bright stars 'staring' back at me.

I know I should be resting, especially after yesterday's grueling sparring matches, and exercises with Yang and Trina. You know. If I wanted to be completely honest with myself here, it all just feels like they were just cramming down two more years of what I would've learned at Signal. "Ugh, Hand to Hand combat 'stinks.'

I only have a few hours left until everyone gets up. I'll have to get up soon, and get ready to go to Beacon, with my sisters; and in a few more hours after that, everything will change.

What am I saying? Everything around me has already started to change. Maybe it wasn't such a great idea to tell Yang about me going to Beacon with her and Trina. It was like everything I wanted to do with my friends and sisters before the big' day, all just went out the 'window'.

Then again, seeing Yang all excited about the three of us going to Beacon together, and Dad being, well-dad. I guess that was something worth seeing. Gosh, to think those two weeks just 'flew by' like nothing. I still don't know if I should be scared or excited, or perhaps, both. "I wonder how you would've felt about all of this mom?"

"Who are you?" I heard Trina mumbled in her sleep. Curious, I soon turn away from the window, and toward my sister. Who was actually already facing my direction, in her bed? Her hair curls covering up half of her face, as it looked she was squirming, and clutching both of her hands tightly on the blanket. "Is she having a bad dream?" I thought to myself. As I slowly started to get out of bed, feeling a little worried about her.

"No, wait don't go. Who are you?" Trina said. only a bit louder this time.

"Trina? Trina?" I called out to her in a whisper. Currently standing at her bedside, attempting to shake her awake now.

"Ru-Ruby?" Trina muttered, slowly waking herself up, and sitting upright. she quickly reached over to her left side, towards her dresser to turn on the lamp. "What's wrong?"

"You were talking in your sleep," I answered.

"Oh, I'm sorry if I woke you, Rubes," Trina said, with a guilty look on her face.

"Don't worry about it," I reassured her. " I was already wide awake anyway."

"Oh."

"Bad dream?" I asked.

"Not really. At least, I don't think so?" Trina spoke softly.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked. As I now sat down on the edge of her bed.

"it's was just a dream, Ruby. It's nothing, really." My sister did not even look at me, as she said that.

"It doesn't sound like nothing." Again Trina hesitates, only to let a little sigh. As she knew I wasn't going to let this go.

"I was in some kind of forest, tall oak trees, green grass, beautiful sunrise. You get the gist." Trina explained with a laugh. Anyway, I was in some kind of Meadows surrounded by lilies, and the brightest yellow daffodils you'll ever see; barefooted, and wearing my nightdress.

" hmm, It sounds like you were dreaming about one of those magical forests, in the fairy tales we often read about," I said.

"I guess? You know. It actually not the first time I dreamt about this place." Trina confessed. Which admittedly, I found kind of interesting, if only a little.