27.

Youngjae

I snuggled close to JB every night, loving how we whispered our random declarations of love each night, JB always ending with "I love you Jae".

It wasn't as though he had to confirm it nor that I needed to hear it but just the feeling it sparked made me sleep with a smile each night.

We were working on our next album when JB decided to stay in the studio as we kept getting distracted by each other at home. I couldn't help making little visits and watching him as he worked.

He didn't look up as I entered, his eyes focused on the screen before him despite the members coming in and chatting loudly behind him. He always lost himself when he concentrated this hard, losing all sense of his surroundings especially as he wore his headphones. I always found that he looked  so hot when he looks so focused like this...

The other members were chatting and working behind him, all of us not bothering to control our volume as we chatted and worked on our own songs.

We started to get hungry by dinner time, all of us slowly getting distracted and moving around. I glanced over to see JB still absorbed in his producing, not even looking like he was blinking.

"Come on kids. Let's get dinner" Jinyoung announced, stretching with a groan.

I stood to call JB as he still sat there, Jinyoung stopping me before I reached for him.

"Let him be"

"He's been at it since this morning..." I frowned, taking a step away from Jinyoung.

"You know how he gets... we'll bring food back for him instead" Jinyoung convinced, holding my gaze as I continued to frown at him.

"I'll bring my food up"

"You'll only distract him" Jinyoung rebutted, raising his eyebrow at me. I felt like a sulky child, my frown turning into a pout.

"Let's go Youngjae" Jinyoung beckoned, lifting his arm to me.

"Okay" I sighed, casting one last look at him before letting him hold me to his side.

"He'll be fine" Jinyoung whispered softly, stroking the side of my head. But I miss him.

~

I ate quickly, thinking about JB the entire way and ended up choking, Mark smacking my back while Jinyoung nagged at me until I slowed down. I managed to finish first anyway and leaving before the others to bring the food up to JB.

JB was still in the same position, the only difference was his mussed hair which he probably tugged on as he worked, the ends sticking out at weird angles and yet squished by his headphones.

The room was quiet except for the sounds of his mouse clicking and I stood there watching him work for a few beats before moving to stand next to him. His eyes were glued to the screen even as I stood to his side, totally absorbed in what he was doing.

I stood to his side for a bit longer, wanting to get his attention without scaring him. He was still so focused that I had to wave my hand slightly to get his attention, JB finally turning his eyes to me.

"Ah. I'm sorry Jae. What is it?" he frowned, rubbing his eyes. His eyes were red-rimmed, his blinks long and slow, letting me know tired he was.

I sighed softly, scanning his features and taking in his unshaven face. He doesn't look like he has been taking enough breaks...

"Jae?" he called, looking up at me.

"Dinner time" I replied, raising the bag of food to him. I gave him a small smile, hoping that I could somehow cheer him on. The smile I got back was blinding, my heart skipping a beat at his crinkly eyes.