History Lessons

I dropped to the ground, exhausted, while Reiner laughed. "Tired? Good. Now, for the other part of training."

I lifted my head, "There's more?!"

Reiner held out his hand for me to grab and I sighed and grabbed his hand and he hoisted me up. "Now it is time for what you may call...a history lesson."

We went into what seemed like a study hall and sat down. Reiner pulled out a map of all the realms. It was just like school, and I hated school with a passion. I'm suprised I didn't even flunk.

I soon felt my eyes drooping. Sighing, I leaned my hand against my face and let my dreams take over.

♤♤♤♤♧♧♧♧

I groaned as I sat up and looked around, noticing that I was still in the forest. Dammit, I'm still here. I thought as I stood, feeling dizzy.

There was rustling in the bushes to my right and I summoned my sword, but stayed silent. From the bush emerged the one and only Helena. Growling lowly, I remained hidden as Helena looked around. Suddenly, her eyes connected with mine and she opened her mouth.

Just as I was about to pounce on her, she called out, "There's nothing here, my queen." She tore her gaze from mine and started walking away, but then stopped a few minutes later.
"Although I know you are here, I shall let you go, for I have no business with getting rid of death herself." Then she dropped a little bag on the ground and left.

After I felt no presence around me, I stood and bounded over to the bag she dropped. I quickly muttered a spell to see if she done anything with the contents, which thankfully she didn't, and opened it.

It was medical supplies.

To be safe, I snapped into limbo, or what I called 'Death's Realm' it was basically my own place, afterall, and applied the supplies to the injuries that I could see.

After that, I called a portal to me, which I would have to use to get out of limbo, when something hit me, and hit me hard. I blacked out, but the last thing I saw was the face of my supposed to be loyal general, Hisbus.

The next thing I knew, I was on a concrete surface surrounded by loud noises.

♤♤♤♤♧♧♧♧

"Wynter!" Reiner yelled at me as he slammed a book on the desk.

I shot up, yelping, "The square root of 49 is 7," which in turn made Reiner give me a confused look as he shook his head.

"Well, since that bored you, I have another method of teaching you."

"And what is that method?"

"Isn't it obvious? I have everyone throw everything they can at you, but as a one on one battle, and you will have to both defend yourself and retain the information to survive. It's a flawless plan, really. "

"No it isn't! I could die!" I yelped as I felt myself being pushed by a smug looking August.

"Well, if you can learn easier while you fight, then what else should we do?" August asked, rather snidely.

"Anything but this." I stuggled against him, but he wouldn't let go until we got outside, where everyone was already waiting.

"Welcome to history lessons with the retainers, Wynter King." August chuckles while drawing his sword, "the only lessons where you will try not to die."