Chapter 3: Series of Unfortunate Events

Angel's POV:

I woke up to my alarm clock on my phone. I groaned and rolled to turn it off. I rolled back over to go back to sleep. "ANGEL!!! TREY!!! Y'all get ya asses up!!!!" Mama yelled. I groaned and covered my head. After a moment of silence, she yelled again. "I'm not hearing any movement!!" She yelled. Trey groaned loudly and got up. I did the same. I got up, took my shower, put on clothes, did my hair, and brushed my teeth. I picked up my stuff and headed out the door. I went to the kitchen and saw everyone staring at me. "Sit down Angel." Dad said. I sat down at the table. "Did I do something?" I asked, nervously. "No. Well yeah. Look here." Dad said. He reached his arm out and handed me my phone. I squealed and hugged him.

"THNAK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!" I screamed. "Aight now. But don't y'all think this excuses what y'all did yesterday." He said. "Aw thanks Dad. We learned our lesson." Trey said. "I hope so. But don't think you off the hook. Y'all doing everybody's chores til we move." Mama said. "Okay that's fine." I said. "Well hurry up. Y'all gotta be at school. We need to hurry up and drive over to the house." Mama said. We quickly walked out the house and to the car. I rode with Trey like I always do. We drove Tasha to school and watched as she ran inside. She greeted by friends. I still feel bad for almost letting her drown. We then drove to our school and parked in the parking lot. I looked up to see a couple of guys roughhousing each other.

I hope we move out soon. I got out and walked to the cafeteria to get breakfast. "Yo Angel!!!" Called a voice. I turned to see my best friend, Keisha running towards me. "Hey best friend!!" I called, smiling. Keisha was my right hand man. I could call her for anything and she'll be there. "So what happened with you yesterday? Why you ain't come to school?" She asked. "My Dad came home and he decided he o take us out for the day." I said. "Where'd y'all go?" She asked. "To the mall, to that new water park that opened up, and to Dairy Queen." I said. "Oh yeah. There was shit going down over there. There's people saying that a little girl almost drowned yesterday." She said. I grew silent.

^Keisha Thomas

^Keisha Thomas

"Angel you good?" She asked. I nodded but walked faster. "Yo Angel hold up. What's up?" She asked. I sighed. "Yeah there was a little girl that almost drowned but it was Tasha." I confessed. Her mouth gaped open. "Bitch you lyin." She said. I nodded. "Oh my God foreal?" She asked. I nodded. "Oh my God. Is Tasha okay?" She asked. "Yeah she's fine now but I feel bad." I said. "What happened?" She asked. "Well you know she can't swim right?" I asked. She nodded. "Well me and Trey were supposed to catch her as she came down the slide because the end of the slide leads to a five foot deep pool. We didn't hear of see her come down and because we got distracted, she almost drowned." I said.

"Damn. I'm going by yo house to check on my baby. That's fucked up Angel." She said. "I know I know. But it was an accident. My Dad was really mad." I said. We talked for the rest of the school day. On the way back to my car, I saw Trey fucking some white girl behind the gym. I was grossed out and walked faster. "Yo Angel!!" Called a voice. I turned to see a dude running over to me. "What?" I asked. "Aye you tryna fuck?" He asked. I was taken aback. "Excuse me? Boy bye." I said. He grabbed my arm. "Aw come on Angel. Let me hit. I know you want me." He said, licking his lips. "Boy piss off." I said. I felt him grabbed my waist and yanked me to him. Just then, he was grabbed from behind and was slammed on a car. "Keep up fucking hands off my sister." Trey growled.