Chapter 15: Mate

Angel's POV:

I woke up feeling hella happy. After my test with the Magic Council yesterday, I felt like a bigger, better person. Abby had to leave because she posed as a threat to me. I felt bad for her but I was happy to see her go. I know that's wrong but she almost killed me twice and I'm not risking a third time. I watched as Abby, packed her things and leave AA. She glanced at me and shook her head. I smirked at her. "If I were you Angel, I'd wipe that smirk off my face. It'll get you in trouble." She said. She walked past me to get the elevator. I followed her. "Yeah but see Abby, smirking is a sign that you won. That's what it means. I won babygirl." I said. She chuckled and pressed a button. "And what is it that you've won Angel?" She asked.

I motioned to her. "Your leaving. Abby, I play the game smart while you play recklessly. You resort to violence before having a plan in mind. I leave you alone so you could make a fool of yourself and get kicked out. And that's exactly what happened." I said, crossing my arms. She stared at me, mouth gaped open. "Wow. Outsmarted by a human. But you fail to realize I don't lose. Don't think cause I'm leaving that you won. This isn't over. I'll be back and you can believe that." She said, as soon as the elevator dinged. She walked out the front office and out the double doors. I followed her. "Abby get over it bro. I've won. And what do you mean this ain't over? It already is. Your not coming back because if you do, Annie will kill you." I said, smiling but it quickly disappeared when she slowly turned her head at me.

Her eyes were slanted like a cat's. They were glowing yellow. "Angel when I tell you that you haven't won, you haven't won bitch. I will be back. You think your safe and all mighty powerful just because the Great Amulet chose you? Don't cocky sweetie. It can be sucked out of you and absorbed into the body of someone truly worthy. You know nothing of the Magic world. You can't learn about our history just like that, no matter that chip inside your head. So if I were you, I'd be on my guard from now on until you die." She said, icily. She shut her car trunk and got in the car and drove off. I watched her turn a corner before heading back inside. Now way she can come back. Well Abby is pretty crazy. She hasn't met crazy yet. I walked back to the elevator and rode it back up. I seen Colin approach me. "Hey Angel, where'd you go?" He asked.

"Just talked with Abby." I said. "Abby?" He asked. "Yep." I said. "What about?" He asked, walking next to me. "Just talked Colin." I said, as I sped up. "Angel wait, I wanna aka you something." He said, jumping in front of me. "What's up?" I asked, curiously. "Well, I was wondering if you wanna go on a date with me this weekend?" He asked. Say what? "Umm, gee Colin. I don't know." I said, nervously. "Why not? I mean we can get to know each other. We haven't done that since you came here." He said. He moved closer but I moved back. Unfortunately, I was backed up against a wall. "Colin I don't know. Isn't it bad to mix business with pleasure?" I asked. "No. Not at all." He said. He leaned down and kiss me. I didn't move. I felt no spark in the kiss. "Wow Colin." Said a voice. We turned to see Celia.

Standing behind her was Kacey, Mike, and Justin. He looked upset. I thought he would be happy. I mean Abby's gone. He should be happy. You forget he was in a relationship with her for six years. Oh yeah. Justin stormed out the room. "Oh my God. Is he still upset about Abby's leave? He should have see it coming." I said, moving to Kacey. She opened her mouth but closed it. "Angel, just go talk to him. He had something to tell you." Mike said. He looked upset too. I ran after Justin, looking around for any sign of him. I decided to follow his vent, which was lemons. Lemons smelled good. I looked around and found him in the Arena. "Justin?" I called. He didn't answer. Nor did he look at me. "Justin look I'm sorry." I said. "You should be." He said, harshly.