My Crush: Kyoya!

(Umiya's POV)

I finished practicing my violin and set it in its case. Now that I think about it, the dance was tomorrow. That means I need to hurry and find the last song that I want to play. It's hard trying to find fancy music that won't ruin the mood of a fancy dance.

I was only really interested in playing music for the dance because Tamaki bribed me with sweets. Of course, I could buy myself sweets whenever I wanted, but it's a bother. So yes, this is all because I am just too lazy to tell a maid or butler to go get some for me. It's weird logic so you wouldn't understand even if I told you.

Also, it would be a bother to explain, anyway.

"Umiya, here is your costume for our next theme." Kyoya approached me. I looked at him and then down at the costume in his hands. It revealed the chest area but covered the leg area. What the heck? Why would I wear that? It would be the same as going out naked in my eyes.

I shook my head quietly and then hoisted my violin case up off the chair it was sitting on.

"I am sorry, Umiya, but it is a request from Tamaki," Kyoya smirked his usual sly smirk. 'I have a feeling he's going to reject with all his might.' I heard Kyoya's thoughts bubble up. 

"Was it really?" I glared at him, but I am pretty sure it looked a little unintimidating. 

"I assure you, he was the one who wanted this." 'Though slipping a magazine on his desk helped a little.' Aha, so he was the mastermind behind all of this. I looked at the costume again and then sighed. I grabbed the uniform out of Kyoya's hands and then went to the changing room. 

'Victory.' Kyoya thought. It's not a victory, I just don't mind it as much since... Kyoya would... see me like that. Wait, what? No, no, it's not like that! It's just that I... Urgh. I must be getting a fever or something because my face feels warm.

I gazed at the costume again and sighed. It doesn't look that bad... I grabbed the hem of my school uniform pants and pulled them down. I then grabbed the costumes leggings and slid them up my slim legs. I then took off my shirt and then put on the neck jewelry that shone brightly in the reflection of the little light in the changing rooms.

I then positioned my hair to look a bit messier instead of my normal split hair that was done by my maids. I looked good in this, I guess. It isn't my style, but it isn't all that bad, either. I hesitantly took my headphones off and placed them on my folded uniform.

I walked out of the changing room, expecting to be met with an empty room, but Kyoya was there waiting for me.

"Kyoya, I'm done. Does it look decent?" I asked. My face still felt a little warm but I ignored it.

"You look wonderful, Umiya. Now come, the guests are here already." He said in his smooth voice that seemed to make me get lost in the feeling of comfort and luxury. 

"Umiya?" He turned to look at me. I snapped out of my thoughts quickly and shook my head a little then followed behind Kyoya. 'I knew Umiya would look cute in that outfit.' Wait, what? He just wanted to see if I looked cute or not?! My face heated up more and I quickly turned my attention away from Kyoya's thoughts. 

What does that mean?! I knew he would look cute in that outfit my ass! I probably really look weird and Kyoya has a bad taste in men. Wait, is he gay? Bi? Straight? I never asked assuming he was straight because he is in a host club...

"DEAR LITTLE BROTHER! YOU LOOK ADORABLE~!" A familiar idiotic voice yelled. I groaned quiet enough that no one would hear and looked at my brother. He was floating mid-air while holding his hands out expecting a hug from me. Like that would happen. As soon as he started diving towards me I moved away from him, making him faceplant into the expensive floor.

Of course, he got back up without a single scratch on him because of anime logic. Kyoya chuckled a little and we continued walking, ignoring what just happened.

"So, why are we in these costumes when it's still early spring?" I sweatdropped a little.

"We wanted to make our guest's visits enjoyable and not huddled up in bulky clothing!" Tamaki did his overdramatic sparkle effect along with some really weird poses which I don't know where he learned.

"You're as overdramatic as usual, Tamaki." I sighed. He pretended to look hurt and held his hands over his heart.

"You're so mean, Umiya!" How am I mean? I was just stating the obvious. After a little while longer of chatting, all the host club members went over to a woven chair and Tamaki sat on it. I stood next to him since I was the third shortest in the club because of Haruhi and Honey.

Hikaru and Kaoru were behind me beside each other while they held up big red and white umbrellas. Honey was on the other side of Tamaki and then Kyoya and Mori were in between the twins.

Sigh~ where is Haruhi? She's late and I need someone sane around here. I can't deal with my brother's antics all the time and right now I am clinging to her so I can keep the last of my sanity. The only other person I don't really mind is Kyoya, and that is because he is the opposite of Tamaki.

Okay, maybe it's more than just because he was the opposite of Tamaki, but that isn't important right now.

Suddenly, the door to host club opens and Haruhi peeks through the large door. She walks into the room with a dull look on her face that screams 'They are all weird, rich snobs.' I can't deny that for Tamaki, but I kind of want to deny that for Kyoya. Don't ask me why because even I don't know the answer.

Also, a bird is on her head. Yes, I said a bird. Why? I don't know the answer to that, either. 

"I could be wrong, but my calendar says it's still early spring..." She flipped through a small paper calendar. What did you expect from the mastermind Kyoya and the idiot Tamaki? I certainly didn't have that high of expectations.

"Huddling under a kotatsu table fearing the cold is nonsense! And besides, the heating system we have is..." Cue dramatic pose. "The best." Called it. Haruhi sweatdrops and makes an annoyed sound.

"Do you have a problem with how we run our club, Haruhi? Be careful what you say, you owe us 8 million yen, remember?" Kyoya said in his soft voice. Sly as always...

"Guh?!" What was that sound, Haruhi? It sounded really weird and off...

"Gentlemen don't bundle up in bulky clothing. It may be early spring and chilly out there in the real world, but here in the club, we want to surprise our chilly little kittens with a warm tropical paradise. Oh yes! We turned this place into a nirvana. A balmy and tropical island of everlasting summer!" Why is he my brother?

"That's funny because I feel a massive chill right now." You tell him, Haruhi! Well, I guess it's time for the guests to come, which also means coffee jelly.

"I'm sorry you have to go through with this, Haruhi. But at least you don't have to wear the outfits..." I shrug my shoulders with a sigh. 

"Did they force you to wear it or something?" Haruhi gazed at me, unimpressed by this whole fiasco. I blush and quickly pull her aside.

"Well... I-I only wore it because Kyoya told me too..." My face heats up. 'I see, that's how it is then. Umiya likes Kyoya. That's a bit of a surprise considering they are host club members.' Wait, what? I don't like him at all! I only think he is sane enough to hand around me!

"Do you like him or something?"

"L-Like is a strong word..." I stuttered.

"Well, it would make sense by the way you are acting right now."

"It does?" 

"Yeah, it does."

I sweatdropped. Do I really like him? I mean, sure, he is pretty cute... calm... elegant... hot... smart... sane... the last part is really my favorite.

"Okay, I may have a small crush on him... but I don't really know. I never had this feeling before." My face started to cool down and Haruhi got in a thinking pose.

"Hmm... so you never had a crush before? That makes things difficult. But don't worry, Umiya. I am sure we can find something out. I think you guys would look cute together." Haruhi gave me a reassuring smile. 

Huh? Are we trying to get Kyoya to get together with me?!