Chap. 58: Oreo Stays!

(Picture of Brooke & Oreo Above)

I prepped and rehearsed how I was going to let Evan know about Oreo. She is going to stay in the laundry room while I ease Evan into the house. Yeah, I know it sounds like I'm doing Evan dirty but Oreos life is on the line!
When Evan's black Sedan pulls up in the driveway, my heart races. He's here! My Baby's here! I dance with glee. Before running out of the house, I check on Oreo.
The garage door opens and the black Sedan pulls into its spot in the garage. I hurriedly rush out of the garage door, smelling the awful car motor smell. Evan's side car door opens and I immediately run down the stairs and over to his side of the car. I don't even give him time to get out of the car, I jump right in his lap and wrap my arms around his neck. He chuckles at this, some perfect teeth showing through his smile. Our lips attach and I kiss him hungrily, lightly moaning into the kiss.
              "You're here!" I say happily.
              "Damn, I've missed you." Evan says to me as I teasingly put my hand on his chest. "Princess, can you slide out so I can hug you?"
                "Yeah, and me too?" I turn around to see a strange handsome man sitting in the passenger seat.
                "Um..." I mumble.
          I slide out of the car and let Evan get out, the other guy following. I didn't know he was bringing company. I can use this to my advantage, I hope. Evan can't get mad at me if we have company over.
           Evan wraps his muscular arms around me, his lips attaching to mine sweetly. I feel rude now. PDA in front of a man I've never met before who has come to visit. I surely hope not for long. When Evan begins to pull away, I practically have to rip myself from his grasp but he pulls me right back. I'm already nervous, Evan!
Evan lifts my chin up, his brows narrowing. "You're not wearing your glasses? How can you see without your glasses?"
I shrug. "Because of contacts."
I look past Evan's arm to see his new friend that he brought home. The new friend is tall, tan, EXTREMELY muscular and has cool blue eyes that stare right at me. A smile that, I bet, breaks a lot of hearts too. He dresses like a spoiled rich boy. Polo white shirt and navy blue shoes with Sherry shoes. A country club reject.
             "Nick, this is my BEAUTIFUL, AMAZING, WONDERFUL girlfriend Brooke." Evan kisses my forehead proudly, "Brooke, this little bitch is my high school best friend Nicholas Peterson. He's going to be staying with us for a few days."
            I go in to shake Nick's hand but he gives me a look. His blue eye continue to stare at me with wonder.
"I don't shake hands, I do hugs." Nick motions for me to go hug him, "Bring it in."
             "Oh—" I am pulled into Nick's surprisingly strong arms "okay then."
I count how long Nick holds me, mainly because I absolutely DON'T do hugs. Not after Preston. One Mississippi, two Mississippi, three Mississippi—I lightly pat Nick's back, trying to tell him I'm done now. But he doesn't stop. Suddenly, I feel like Nick is pressing my body too close to him. He is. Ewww! Not another asshole!
I feel a firm hand touch my back and that's when Nick half way flings me off of him. My body is pulled into Evan's arms. I feel violated. So violated.
"Let me get the bags, okay Nick? Then we'll show you around." Evan walks us to the back of the Sedan.
Then it dawns on me. I put a firm hand on Evan's chest, stopping him. When we make eye contact, I fear he will see my concern through my eyes.
"Baby, what's wrong?" Evan tenderly brushing the back of his and over my cheek, those blue eyes staring down at me lovingly. "Did you miss me? Is that it?"
"I missed you, but that's not it." Evan stands up straighter, "I have a surprise for you but I don't know if you're going to like it."
Evan blushes. "Is it—appropriate to walk into the house?"
I blink. "Yeah, it's not a sex surprise—unless if it makes MY surprise even better."
Evan gives me a half smiling, half frown look. "Brooke, Baby, what did you do? Is my house a mess?"
I shake my head. "Not anymore."
I guide Evan to the garage door with his and Nick's suitcases. I slowly let them in, my nerves everywhere. Evan immediately looks around the living room and kitchen. Nick immediately comments how beautiful our house is and extra stuff that I don't pay attention to. Chase comes rushing into the room, attacking Evan with kisses and jumping for joy. Evan turns to me, whose back is to the closed laundry room. Evan slowly walks my way, his eyes slightly narrowing as his smile twist into something awfully scary. Half smile, half scowl.
"I wanted to give you an early birthday surprise!" I chuckle nervously, "I can't return it either so......"
              Evan pushes me aside and opens the laundry room doors completely in one second. From the side, I can see Oreo sitting on the floor panting with a smile on her face. She barks at him happily and begins to lick herself. Evan turns—shit, I was wrong. Evan is NOT happy whatsoever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

             "Princess, we've talked about this." Evan gave Nick his guest room beside Drew's and he is now 'freshening up'. "We're supposed to get married and get a bigger house and have a few kids before we decide on another pet."
           I groan. "Well, we're not engaged—anymore."
            Evan shakes his head. "You gotta take her back."
             My body freezes, my blood running cold. "I can't! They'll send her to the pound and—you know what they do to animals in there! Please don't make me get rid of Oreo!"
            Evan gives me a look, his hands on the kitchen counter. "How log have you had this dog?"
           I wince. "4 days?"
           "4 DAYS!? You're telling me his dog has been in my house for 4 DAYS!?" Evan shakes his head, "She's cute, but we don't need another dog."
           I think fast. "Well—if Oreo goes, then I go."
           Evan turns and looks at me seriously, his blue eyes dangerous. "You're little ass isn't leaving me. Never again. I won't let you."
           "You didn't have room for me and yet you still took me in." I defend myself and Oreo, "I saved Oreo's life! She came to me at work in the parking lot and I missed Lucy's bridal shower! Oreo stays or we both go. No compromising!"
Evan shakes his head, lightly smacking his fist on the counter. "I shouldn't have left you here. Alright, you can keep the dog Princess. But I'm not cleaning up after her."
Smiling and giggly, I rush over to Evan and put my hands on his chest. Evan wraps his arms around my body and he bends down so our lips connect. Suddenly, Oreo appears at our feet. She runs in circles around us, barking happily. I giggle as Evan kisses my cheek and lightly sways us.